Mercury Racing 1350 Demand Still Out-pacing 1100

Notices

Mercury Racing 1350 Demand Still Out-pacing 1100

Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Mercury Racing 1350 Demand Still Out-pacing 1100

Despite rough times in the go-fast boat world, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...cing-1100.html.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Sorry Matt to rain on your story! I'm just Pissed!

Glad there are a small few who can afford these engines and associated boats. Just wish there were a lot more demand for the run of the mill 350-550HP performance engine boats and engines as this is the real "shot in the arm" this industry and sport really needs!
Lets hope for all those poor souls without jobs and safe futures that the damn stupid, small minded politicians and greedy market savy traders get out of the way and let this economy move forward and heal itself!
In all my years I have never seen so few F**ck up so much for so many!!

Guarded Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kiekhaefer said he expects demand for the 1100 to increase “when fuel is a challenge.” The 1100 runs on 89-octane gasoline, whereas the 1350 requires 91-octane fuel.
As if that is a big deal!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Glad there are a small few who can afford these engines and associated boats. Just wish there were a lot more demand for the run of the mill 350-550HP performance engine boats and engines as this is the real "shot in the arm" this industry and sport really needs!
Lets hope for all those poor souls without jobs and safe futures that the damn stupid, small minded politicians and greedy market savy traders get out of the way and let this economy move forward and heal itself!
In all my years I have never seen so few F**ck up so much for so many!!

Guarded Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
I understand your frustration. Politics notwithstanding, there are a host of issues that are creating the lack of demand for engines in the horsepower range you mention.

The key, as I see it, is a rebound or resurgence in the entry-level sportboat market. Until that happens, big-power (700 hp and up) will continue to dominate the high-performance marine engine market.

What will it take for a rebound of that kind? Again, politics aside, a rebound in the economy, the easing of consumer and dealer credit, the continued clearance of the used product pipeline and actual production of entry-level sportboats. Aside from Checkmate and (eventually, I hope) Baja, who's buildng them?

As for my story being "rained on," I don't see it that way so no apologies are necessary. News stories, small or large, get people thinking and talking. That's a good thing.