Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight. >

My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight.

Notices

My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 110% with your Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want to live in America , fine. Then BE an American..PERIOD.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Multilingual hhhmmm there is another side to that ! Should not our say “house guests” become Multilingual?? A Florida Power and Light Employee was fired for not being able to speak Spanish ! guess he really should of learned a second language,so the Ingrates would not have too, But it figures we are only English speaking Americans at the bottom of the totem pole.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jennifer I was not trying to bash your post! personally I think you are a very Good Person and very much a Lady from Reading the Posts you have made about the work you have Involved yourself in!(aside from being a Babe) in the words of my young sons.

Look I grew up in Miami and watched it go from an absolute Paradise too something much less and ill stop there. But also it became an International City as well along the way and the need for a second or third Language is obvious when one is dealing with foreign tourists and business people. But I personally draw the line there! Residents here all need to be able to communicate in English ,its only fair.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:14 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

technically i can barely speak english (if typing and spelling counts)

But seriously I have no problem with peopel speakign a second language but its a SECOND LANGUAGE. If you want to come here you learn to speak english. Thsi si the ONLY county were peopel come and they EXPECT the natives to learn thier language. Go to Cambodia and see hwo many poeple out of eth main cities speak english> tehn watch for thier reaction when you demand the right that they learn your language. I have travelled extensively (I have to thank my parents for that) and been to russia (pre USSR collapse), finland, austria, france, england, italy, switerland, belize, mexico, honduras, gautemala and a few others i am sure i am forgetting. Guess what . In every country (except england) i had topick up a little of the local language just to survive. This is the only country where we are EXPECTED to cater to foreign whims.

ALSO don't get me started on the "Pussifacation of American Youth". Kids today are piss ant little pussies. I think hlaf the problem is too many god damn laws. Hell here in NY they made ****ing sparklers illegal!!!!! Kids can;t get away with anything. And if they get caught acting liek kids rough housing and so forth they get sent to "Anger Management classes" and "Sensativity Training". I'm not even goona start to mention my Views on POP culture and the MTV brainwashing/Marketing machine!!!!!!!!!!

In summation (yeha i know i am ranting BIGTIME) Hillary got elected. Republicans, democrats, conservatives, green party, lennonist marxist satan worshippers, and bible salesman should ALL be horribly ashamed.

FYI VOTE PUDER FOR NY SENATE IN 2006
Old 06-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Registered

I guess I will have to say it yet one more time: IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OUR COUNTRY OR THE WAY WE DO THINGS THAN GET THE FVCK OUT!!!

I think that if their was one and only one requirement for immigrants coming to our great country that it should be that they have to be able to speak our language!
Old 06-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Uncle Toys

Otcbb4me – Thanks for sharing your fathers thoughts, I totally enjoyed them! I especially enjoyed the part about “our own culture.” We have nothing to be ashamed about and a ton to be proud of.

Puder – You might be “technically” illiterate, but you are certainly the most wise 21 year old I have had the privilege to associate with. My only regret at Skaterfest was not meeting you in person.

Catmando – Unfortunately I understand where your coming from. It’s just my opinion your not being tactically empathetic. Maybe the softer version might read something like; although waving flags and pounding our chests at times of national emergencies is good and right, lets be careful dogma does not creep into our thinking.

SunseekerNY – Puder a genius? Not sure I’m willing to grant him that status just yet.

Old 06-08-2002, 01:14 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Jen,
Thanks for the kind words!

Fred,
It was cool meeting you at skatfest. So ywhen ar eyou dropping off eth deposit on a 46 with turbine power? We all know its eventually gonna happen

Uncle Toys,
Thanks fo rthe kidn words and I am sure there will be another skaterfest and i you can bet i will be there!
Old 06-08-2002, 01:46 PM
BlueMoon

I realize this is not an issue in heatland America, but in any international city such as NY, Miami, Chicago, LA, etc. we need to give these people RESPECT. Period.
Give them respect for WHAT? Let them learn OUR ENGLISH and then ask us for our respect...but i am not interested giving respect to someone who can't speak OUR language in OUR country! PERIOD!!!! If they don't like it, LATER!

I wonder how would Cuba react to a bunch of us going over their and insisting on them learning english?

Old 06-08-2002, 04:02 PM
otcbb4me

Jennifer, On which side of this point are you making a stance?
Granted I only scanned your verbose drifting responses, but Im not sure if you are for a strong independant world leading country, or an "I think its cool" because I think those people are cute, weak, step all over me and make me pay land. Please clear that up.

Old 06-08-2002, 05:46 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by otcbb4me
Jennifer, On which side of this point are you making a stance?
Granted I only scanned your verbose drifting responses, but Im not sure if you are for a strong independant world leading country, or an "I think its cool" because I think those people are cute, weak, step all over me and make me pay land. Please clear that up.
I wasn't drifting... I was asleep.

I travel a lot. I happen to enjoy learning about different cultures. However, I prefer doing business in countries where English is the international business language. I had a very difficult time communicating while in the Far East.

Jennifer

Quick Reply: My 78 year old Dad sent me this tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.