Notices

201 - My Way

Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
BILLS 1st run was 201 with MY WAY , Bill said the 2nd run might be late to day or in the morning. by the way GERRY KNOT RIGHT bought the 1st MY WAY without power and rigged it for 1200hp big blocks abot 5 or 6yrs ago and then said it wasn't fast enufffff; and rerigged it with t53s and its real fast again with the t53s.[when it was my way it had t53s but were taken out for new boat and sold without power] so if anyone wants to add t53s to there boat get ahold of KNOT RIGHT he knows all about both turbines and motors . he has helped me with my project of rigging a konrad ace set up on a boat that had a b1 drive. and hp500. we had to rerig everything for the DEAN GELLNER 572 1071 BLOWER motor ,higher X, add gauges wiring custom motor mounts steering pump, alt brackets that he modified at his shop. he also has a good paint guy, but I think he is just as good after seeing him tough up custom paint work on boats. my boat we should be testing next week shooting for a 35mph increase in speed with the 28 saber. so if anyone wants to look into t53s I'd talk to Gerry 1st he could put a package together that would surprise you on what it costs compared to say big turbos or blower motors for what they cost. Artps thanks Gerry for having the talent to do what you do. you are gifted human being and a great friend over the last 5 years. so to the guys with the big boats ONCE YOU GO TURBINE YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK. its like being a ROCKSTAR when you pull up to a dock people come out of the wood work to see what sounds like a 747 is doing at the dock, even the blow boters come to see WHATS UP!!!!!! with that strange looking exhaust hanging out of the boat. good luck to the turbine boats it time for 211 mph. Go My Way!!
Problem with turbines is you can't insure them. Regardless, congrats to my way and crew!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Problem with turbines is you can't insure them. Regardless, congrats to my way and crew!
If you can swing the cost to own a turbine boat, you can swing the self-insurance cost as well.
That's not real-world boating anyway. Who's lake boat runs 90+ on here anyway? Probably 15-25% do. The rest are just living vicariously though others.
Th real problem is that a turbine burns almost as much fuel at an idle as it does spooled up & working.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
If you can swing the cost to own a turbine boat, you can swing the self-insurance cost as well.
That's not real-world boating anyway. Who's lake boat runs 90+ on here anyway? Probably 15-25% do. The rest are just living vicariously though others.
Th real problem is that a turbine burns almost as much fuel at an idle as it does spooled up & working.
Mine doesn't....cuz it never runs...
Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRL505
Mine doesn't....cuz it never runs...
Mine either. Always breaking drives got old so it's in pieces now.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

i met gerry at fall river,the skater is a work of art and love for the sport, and gerry is one of the most down to earth guy thats owns one badazz ride on the planet, good luck
Old 08-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

Jason Smith stated that the problem with turbines is that they burn as much at idle as under load..... with the 1000-2000 hour lifespan before major service in a marine environment you can stand on them so much more than pistons.. In the Miss Geico - project X forum... Miss Geico sold their big motors ( T55 @ 4500hp - 5.4 GPM of Jet A) to the My Way Mystic.

Dyno report for the T55 is post 1 in the forum

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...project-x.html
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JasonSimith. +1

It's all in how you look at it.

Personally, I hope a piston boat takes the cake. But that's just me

Flying yet???
Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
JasonSimith. +1

It's all in how you look at it.

Personally, I hope a piston boat takes the cake. But that's just me

Flying yet???
Finally....someone with some sense...

Piston power...FTW.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Jason Smith stated that the problem with turbines is that they burn as much at idle as under load..... with the 1000-2000 hour lifespan before major service in a marine environment you can stand on them so much more than pistons.. In the Miss Geico - project X forum... Miss Geico sold their big motors ( T55 @ 4500hp - 5.4 GPM of Jet A) to the My Way Mystic.

No...the problem with Turbine boats is that they are gay.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane

Reliability, power-to-weight ratio & simplicity are the driving factors for most to go turbine over piston, in my observation.
There is nothing about boating that is affordable. Turbine power pushes the justification envelope, but they're so unique to most, especially in a boat they score major cool points that outweigh the extreme cost factor.....as far as the ego is concerned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.