Notices

201 - My Way

Old 08-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 50 Mystic- My Way

I think all of us agree that My Way is way faster than 208mph

The radar guns were not right, and its a shame, 2 runs the gun didn't even register an mph.... What a let down for the crew and everyone involved with the 50 .....

I watched everyone of My Way's runs, and that 50 Mystic is on rails and runs so smooth at 200mph +... It never moves, slides, or anything... Its a perfect machine!!

Congrats My Way !!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat

The radar issue is a serious problem. It is one of the two primary reasons I did not run this year.

Last year JT and I had a 30mph start - gps read 218 and radar gave us 208. This year My Way got a 40mph start - gps read 221 and radar gave them a 208.

There is far too much money & danger involved to run these kind of speeds only have to worry about radar accuracy issues when competing.
Thank you for that perspective on the radar, that clears up a lot of the rumor mill stuff and misunderstanding on how things really work.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
Keep it in the USA.....someone needs to top that Kanuck tomorrow. And I hope its a piston powered boat... No...the problem with Turbine boats is that they are gay.

With comments like these that really pisses me off cause yall will never be there in life. I know know Bill T. personaly. He is more of a man than most will ever be. Bill T. has yes paid his dues and worked his butt off to get to where he is today. So if he wants to spend his money on toys that most can't afford, then more power to him.He's a man that can have you for a snack then spits you out and keeps on going. He knows what he wants in life and gets it too. So before you make comments and snide remarks, take a deep look at your self and think before you open your mouth.
You need to lighten up and drink a Labatts and sing Oh Canada......Jesus. Do your hands hurt from hanging on to his nuts so tight? People like you who cant take a rousing from someone who has an opinion on a subject without trying to give a life lesson are about as much fun as a root canal.

You drive or throttle a boat...then you get a title/recognition. You stand and watch/pay for someone to do it...then you stand in the crowd and cheer like a good little woman...and go make Cosker a sandwich.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing the boat was propped to achieve the best results based on the distance preorganized for LOTO.

Based on the results of this weekend and if given all the time and distance needed , is this boat ,if propped differently capabale of 250 ??
Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
You need to lighten up and drink a Labatts and sing Oh Canada......Jesus. Do your hands hurt from hanging on to his nuts so tight? People like you who cant take a rousing from someone who has an opinion on a subject without trying to give a life lesson are about as much fun as a root canal.

You drive or throttle a boat...then you get a title/recognition. You stand and watch/pay for someone to do it...then you stand in the crowd and cheer like a good little woman...and go make Cosker a sandwich.
No offense but Bill T. has been running close to 200mph in a big cat longer than anyone on this web site. He can run the boat period!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Congratulations to the entire My Way team! An awesome boat to say the least. Talked with them during the event and was as excited as anyone else while watching each of their passes.

The radar issue is a serious problem. It is one of the two primary reasons I did not run this year.

Last year JT and I had a 30mph start - gps read 218 and radar gave us 208. This year My Way got a 40mph start - gps read 221 and radar gave them a 208.

There is far too much money & danger involved to run these kind of speeds only have to worry about radar accuracy issues when competing.
So true!!! Two guys on both ends with stop watches would be better and or atleast help validate the radar. Breaking a light beam would be better but I think you need two stable platforms on both sides of the boat. Great seeing you again Dave!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505

Lets not ruin a good thread.....
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that it is at all the same caliber but we had this issue when I was doing radar runs with my windsurfer. The could not get a read tell I was at about 20 feet from them. I strapped the plate off my car to my leg and all the sudden it worked great. Gave the guy something to aim at. Wonder if there is any way to add a reflective surface like that to the boat?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
No offense but Bill T. has been running close to 200mph in a big cat longer than anyone on this web site. He can run the boat period!

Very very true. Have known him and followed this pursuit of his for years.
Bill is quite capable of doing all this himself.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

So I guess Phenomenon never showed up ???

That would have been the place for their record run. Perhaps still re-engineering the boat ? .....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.