Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Fun Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261204-loto-fun-run.html)

danrad 08-28-2011 08:38 PM

LOTO Fun Run

Does anyone know who was the first boat to Big Dicks on Friday?

BDiggity 08-28-2011 08:45 PM

The Smiths. 28' Bennington. i think they got there around 9:47a

redlinecat 08-29-2011 07:45 AM

36 skater Garth

baywatch 08-29-2011 09:02 AM

LOL, considering half the boats were still tied up at dog days when people started taking off wasn't exactly an organized start.

redlinecat 08-29-2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 3490789)
LOL, considering half the boats were still tied up at dog days when people started taking off wasn't exactly an organized start.

I agree.

fountain4play 08-29-2011 01:41 PM

LOL...yep we were tied up and just getting in the boat when someone took off and then it was "game on"... next year I think I'm gonna arrive at for the run at 10ish and not tie up... it was quite the "wash machine" that didn't clear out until well past 4 seasons....

I talked to Terry Sobo with Nor-Tech and he said he was trying to get up the lake a bit before everyone started out and that might have triggered it...LOL...either way it was a fun day to go boating...

Fleet Flyer 08-29-2011 01:46 PM

We were the third to last to leave and was the first Vee to Big Dicks. That was some fun!

skate 08-29-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by fountain4play (Post 3491025)
LOL...yep we were tied up and just getting in the boat when someone took off and then it was "game on"... next year I think I'm gonna arrive at for the run at 10ish and not tie up... it was quite the "wash machine" that didn't clear out until well past 4 seasons....

I talked to Terry Sobo with Nor-Tech and he said he was trying to get up the lake a bit before everyone started out and that might have triggered it...LOL...either way it was a fun day to go boating...

Hell we were floating with them at the toad and reached in the back to pick up the camera and they were gone!

fastcats 08-29-2011 04:41 PM

It was a pretty sudden start. But at the end of the run at Big Dick's, that Skater and about 8 MTI's which were probably the only competitive boats, all rolled in within a minute or so pretty much together. Apparently, they were all in the water and ready.

redbud35 08-29-2011 06:33 PM

It sure wasn't us. We were just pulling out of the dock when Shawn Vinson took off from the middle of the pack.