A HUGE thank you to Jim at Ozark Speed and Marine >

A HUGE thank you to Jim at Ozark Speed and Marine

Notices

A HUGE thank you to Jim at Ozark Speed and Marine

Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Default A HUGE thank you to Jim at Ozark Speed and Marine

I owe Jim a huge thank you. As I mentioned in one of the other threads about Loto, we had quite a few problems this past weekend. One of them was the sea strainers. On the first run we blew the lid off of one strainer. We bypassed it and went back out. On the next run, we blew the lids apart on the other 3 strainers. While we are pumping the 2 feet of water out of the boat and trying to figure out what to do, here comes Jim. I had never meet Jim before, but he stepped up to me and told me he had 2 strainers. Problem was, they were in his boat back at his shop. He offered to go pull them out and bring them back. Of course I said yes, since I really was looking to put up a bigger number. He came back in less than an hour with 2 strainers. Unfortunately, they had the wrong size fittings. So, we jumped in his truck and headed to the hardware store. They were closed, but he knew them. They opened the door for us to go raid the galvanized fitting bins. We got it back together, but couldn't keep the hoses on. They continued to come off, flood the boat and overheat the engines.
The point is that Jim didn't even know me, but went WAY above and beyond to help me get running again. Jim, I owe you a HUGE thank you. I'll get your stuff out and back to you asap. Thanks again.
I wanted everyone to know what kind of guy he is. If you are in the area, look him up. He is a top notch guy.
Eddie
Old 08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Would this be Jim Watson?? "Thumper038" on here.

Awesome to get help like that. I bought some race plates from Jim last year, great guy.

Are the water pickups too deep Eddie? Do you have relief valves in the strainers? Sorry to hear you had troubles.
Joe
Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great !! Good to hear there are still some real decent people in the powerboating world. Some guys will go that extra mile to help anyone out.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go Jim and Ozark Speed and Marine,, very cool !
Old 08-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Would this be Jim Watson?? "Thumper038" on here.

Awesome to get help like that. I bought some race plates from Jim last year, great guy.

Are the water pickups too deep Eddie? Do you have relief valves in the strainers? Sorry to hear you had troubles.
Joe
Yes it is Jim Watson.
Yes I do have relief valves. The pressure is only about 20 psi in the engines at cruise. At higher speeds, the pressure actually drops. The pickup is already above the bottom. I tried raising it, but the temps shoot up pretty quick.
The stainers are several years old and I guess the lexan lids are getting brittle. They updated the lids quite few years ago to a thicker lid. Guess I need them.
Eddie
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

I haven't met him, but I am from the ozarks and there are PLENTY of amazing people here that go out of the way to help you when you are in a bind.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

Thanks
We were glad to help Eddie, Your whole crew is first class and we had fun like the old racing days!!!

Looking forward to next the time,
We will have to get together again!
Jim
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Good job. love these threads
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Yes it is Jim Watson.
Yes I do have relief valves. The pressure is only about 20 psi in the engines at cruise. At higher speeds, the pressure actually drops. The pickup is already above the bottom. I tried raising it, but the temps shoot up pretty quick.
The stainers are several years old and I guess the lexan lids are getting brittle. They updated the lids quite few years ago to a thicker lid. Guess I need them.
Eddie
Do you have presure relief valves on the strainers?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Yes I do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.