Notices

Turbine Class ?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbine Class ?

On May 12th someone from the JBS Crew wrote in the thread "Miss Geico Blog- Granet" at http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...og-granet.html :
"Good luck this season. Be safe and have fun! Hope we get a chance to meet up at a race or two this year.". And I wonder: How could they still not know even in May whether or not they at least planned to race the Geico this year?
Unfortunately, on the JBS homepage they have still posted the race schedule of last (!?) year. And as far as I can see, no such race has yet taken place this year.

Furthermore, it seems to me that the Aquamania is in retirement (somebody here even said that it might get sold). And from a certain "Rebel Racer" I have heard once and never again. Others speculated that Al Copelandīs Phenomenon would finally appear at the Loto Shootout this year, but it didnīt. With regard to the record boat of that contest, did or will the My Way ever run against the Miss Geico?
In other words, to me the general panorama in the Turbine Class (quotation marks omitted) appears to be rather bleak. And I would be happy if someone here could correct me on this one...

So my question is: What are the chances for a race among turbine boats this year?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter
Old 08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think anyone can answer that question right now and I think that JBS Racing has been looking for a sponsor to race and without a sponsor the boat will sit. Aqua-Mania I think is not going to race. Rebel Racing did make it to the LOTO SHOOTOUT but had a fire and who knows where that leaves them for this year. Miss Gieco will always try to be at a race and they look forward to racing against any Turbine Boat. My Way is really not a race boat but a pleasure boat that enters Poker Runs and this year, the LOTO Shootout. Like I said it is hard to answer your question unless one of the other Turbine boats, indicates that they plan on racing this year and against Miss Geico.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

If " Miss mary Mac " chooses too , She WILL take out the gecko boat . Done deal .
Sorry guys thats the way it will end up in key west !
Arruda will have his day , and it,s comin, quick .
Fire ??? ok big deal they,ve moved on .
Old 08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobo
If " Miss mary Mac " chooses too , She WILL take out the gecko boat . Done deal .
Sorry guys thats the way it will end up in key west !
Arruda will have his day , and it,s comin, quick .
Fire ??? ok big deal they,ve moved on .
I'll put my money on the team with the most experience on the racecourse and that is NOT Mary Mac.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Those certain racing classes, seem to thump their chests in the spring hoping to attract members of the other species i.e sponsors with deep pockets, who will flood them with cash during the racing season so they can enjoy their passion and get the sponsors some venue exposure during the season.

When that money doesn't materialize, the teams keep quiet about their plans, don't show up to race and disappear from the radar until the next year when it all starts over again.

The Turbine class essentially is a tough and expensive hobby to all of the teams except one.

It is much easier for the others to attend a few pokers runs or shootouts, get local event sponsors that foot the bill and still get the attention the owners crave and the locals love. This way you avoid the politics, expense and pressure of the racing circuit, still get to run your boat and fire up the turbines and keep wear and tear to a minimum both on your boat and the engines.

In the meantime the green gecko, goes around in circles, collecting trophy after trophy and championship after championship because they have bottomless pockets and unlimited resources.

It is what it is.....
Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I'll put my money on the team with the most experience on the racecourse and that is NOT Mary Mac.
+1
Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Ok Catmando, no more free T shirts and hats for you when you come by my shop . You are officially on the other team now.

Aqua Mania is not sold or retired. They want a new MTI, but until some one purchases the old one, they will be running the old dog. Look for them in Clearwater and Key West. They are all booked and ready to battle Geico.

When it comes to Rebel Racing and my team, we are working hard to clean up from the little mishap in lotto.
The boat will be going to MTI for some glass work and the engine are getting a little R&R at TM. We are shooting for to be in Clear water as well. Key West would be worse case.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I'm with the Geico boys. They've " been their, done that". Absolutely no dis-respect intended to the other turbine guys, but the Geico boys always come through. Instead of verbally ripping them apart, the other turbine teams should respect them and watch them. With the exception of a little mishap here and there, the Miss Geico team shows up when they say they are. They go race site to race site knowing they will be racing alone, but they still spend all that money and take up there time to show up and put on a show, that is called integrity ( probably spelled wrong- but you get the point.) I remember back before the season started, Miss Geico posted all the races they intended on going to. If that is not a challenge to other turbines then I don't know what is. They invited all, and all their was was alot of smack talk from other teams. How about going out and trying to beat the best, and until you do, how about showing some respect to the guys who earned it. Just my opinion, please don't anyone take it personal.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
I'm with the Geico boys. They've " been their, done that". Absolutely no dis-respect intended to the other turbine guys, but the Geico boys always come through. Instead of verbally ripping them apart, the other turbine teams should respect them and watch them. With the exception of a little mishap here and there, the Miss Geico team shows up when they say they are. They go race site to race site knowing they will be racing alone, but they still spend all that money and take up there time to show up and put on a show, that is called integrity ( probably spelled wrong- but you get the point.) I remember back before the season started, Miss Geico posted all the races they intended on going to. If that is not a challenge to other turbines then I don't know what is. They invited all, and all their was was alot of smack talk from other teams. How about going out and trying to beat the best, and until you do, how about showing some respect to the guys who earned it. Just my opinion, please don't anyone take it personal.
I do not know of any other turbine team that does not respect what Geico does ? I for one, was there for may years and know what it takes. You say that Geico always shows up where they say they are going to show up. Well, I would hope so. That's how they make their money. If they do not show up, they do not get paid.
Team Geico is a professional race team, and the others do it for fun and pay there own way. When you pay your own way, you can make your own schedule based on your time available. That is how it's going to be for the other teams (Aqua-Mania - Rebel Racing) in the future, as they have no interest in having a employer.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geico has millions of sponsors. Think about it..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.