Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lick This!!!    Open ocean 29 miles....Long Beach to Catalina Island in 12 minutes? >

Lick This!!! Open ocean 29 miles....Long Beach to Catalina Island in 12 minutes?

Notices

Lick This!!! Open ocean 29 miles....Long Beach to Catalina Island in 12 minutes?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14min vid + 3 beers = the best saturday I had in a while!!!!!

Awesome!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Go Big
5 pages in a non drama thread, cool. I have some others I'll post next week. Glad everyone liked it.
Shawn, is there any helicopter footage?. would be cool to see the 46 from the sides...
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Shawn, is there any helicopter footage?. would be cool to see the 46 from the sides...
Not that I know of. The pilot said he couldnt catch me.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice run,Thanks for posting it!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Go Big
Not that I know of. The pilot said he couldnt catch me.
Shawn, im glad u did the SCOPE run, there was talk that you were heading to LOTO with Chip and Gary..
Old 09-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered

Default Santa Catalina Island....

Santa Catalina Island is located 22 miles off the coast of California, SSW of Los Angeles. The best way to get to Catalina Island, unless you have a private boat, is via commercial high speed vessels which leave from several different terminals on the mainland. You can catch a commercial boat to either the City of Avalon, or the more remote unincorporated town of Two Harbors, from Long Beach, Newport Beach, San Pedro, Marina Del Rey, or Dana Point. The trip will only take 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on your departure and arrival plans. Be on the lookout for frolicking dolphins and spouting whales along the way! Try not to be disappointed if they don’t show up as the cruise entertainment, though. On our visits to Catalina Island we’ve spotted many dolphins and gray whales from land, near the Green Pleasure Pier and amongst the boats anchored in Avalon Bay. And remember, there’s always the return trip. Catalina Island has something for everyone including scuba, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, sun bathing and beachcombing. It’s fun, easy, and doesn’t cost a cent to simply meander around the charming seaside City of Avalon, taking in the beautiful tile work for which Santa Catalina Island is known. The Catalina Clay Products plant stood on Pebbly Beach. Notice the bright blue, orange and yellow pottery bits and pieces of tile in this photo of our collected island beach treasures.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

uhhhh... something tells me Caldwiellagill didn't watch the video.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm thinking new advertiser for Catalina. Great place to hang for the weekend.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Caldwiellagill
Santa Catalina Island is located 22 miles off the coast of California, SSW of Los Angeles. The best way to get to Catalina Island, unless you have a private boat, is via commercial high speed vessels which leave from several different terminals on the mainland. You can catch a commercial boat to either the City of Avalon, or the more remote unincorporated town of Two Harbors, from Long Beach, Newport Beach, San Pedro, Marina Del Rey, or Dana Point. The trip will only take 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on your departure and arrival plans. Be on the lookout for frolicking dolphins and spouting whales along the way! Try not to be disappointed if they don’t show up as the cruise entertainment, though. On our visits to Catalina Island we’ve spotted many dolphins and gray whales from land, near the Green Pleasure Pier and amongst the boats anchored in Avalon Bay. And remember, there’s always the return trip. Catalina Island has something for everyone including scuba, kayaking, snorkeling, swimming, sun bathing and beachcombing. It’s fun, easy, and doesn’t cost a cent to simply meander around the charming seaside City of Avalon, taking in the beautiful tile work for which Santa Catalina Island is known. The Catalina Clay Products plant stood on Pebbly Beach. Notice the bright blue, orange and yellow pottery bits and pieces of tile in this photo of our collected island beach treasures.
Catalina Island is one of my favourite place and in a year i am visit to there with my whole family....
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Caldwiellagill
Catalina Island is one of my favourite place and in a year i am visit to there with my whole family....
Thats swell...maybe you can start your own thread .

I proposed to my wife at the fountain near the harbor, and until now did not feel obliged to post that tidbit on the Internet.

I did however spend the next 15 years arguing about why I would not sell my boat (warning to newlyweds ).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.