KAHO / MUSKIE R/V Dedications & Delivery >

KAHO / MUSKIE R/V Dedications & Delivery

Notices

KAHO / MUSKIE R/V Dedications & Delivery

Old 08-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts
Default KAHO / MUSKIE R/V Dedications & Delivery

A Little off topic from high-perf recreational type boats, however, thought this was cool enough to share.

I went down to the dedication ceremonies today at lunch for two Research Vehicles that one of our customers built for the U.S.G.S. (U.S. Geological Survey - Great Lakes Science Center). The two vessels will replace two aging vessels that conduct science and research work on our Great Lakes. The two aluminum hull boats were constructed here in Cleveland.

A shot of the KAHO with the MUSKIE in background (two sister vessels)

A Picture of the largest mobile lift in the Western Hemishpere besides one other in Norfolk, VA (Third largest in the world!). 770Ton lift! (A 'bit" bigger than the one at your marina):

Tug hull being constructed on site. Customer produces this line complete, it's their "workhorse" Tug and is very economical compared with others on the market.

I stood next to a tire and got a picture, it dwarfed me (I'm 6'4"), they must be at least 9' tall / each.

It was a pretty cool day at work to say the least. Again, a little off the subject of high-perf, but I Hope you enjoyed. These are after all, our tax dollars at work.

Last edited by frickstyle; 08-31-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is cool.