Notices

Attention OSO members!

Old 06-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention OSO members! Need Your Help!!

Last year I along with some of my other OSO brothers went on a "Lake Michigan Fun Run". Those of you that were there know what happened. I am currently suing my insurance company in small claims. My original hope was that they would pay me some money without a big fuss, but instead they are fighting me tooth and nail. They are currently demanding a jury trial and have started the discovery phase. One tidbit of information that they are demanding is a list of ALL people who were present at the time of the "incident". Although they may ask you some questions, I highly doubt that you will be deposed or need to appear at a trial. But they way these guys are fighting me anything can happen. Anyways, I can recall a few people that were on the trip, but I know that alot more people were there. DanB, Sunsation32?, Waterfoul, Dyno, and Macdad260 are the guys that I can remember. If you fellows could post your email address (remember OSO blocks it) so I can email you from my private account, I can put this list together. If you guys know of anybody else that was there, could you please post some more contact info so I can get ahold of them? Guys, I realize that this is a major pain in the ass, but I really could use the favor. If you really, really don't want to get caught up in this chirade, please let me know and I'll forget to put you on the list. Thanks guys!
Old 06-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Hey, one more thing. They are trying to make the claim that I did not keep my boat in a "sea worthy condition". This is a major exclusion in the policy. If anybody has ANY film, pictures, or video of the water conditions and/or my boat could you please forward a copy to me?
Old 06-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW! Sounds like a really big pain in the ass. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

If you wouldn't mind, may I ask who is/was your insurer?
Thanks.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cord you can count on me!!! my e-mail is [email protected]
and was'nt Boatme the Quest that ran with us ?and you owe me a ride in the new rigg for this!!!!
Don
616-786-3829 home 616-406-4482 cell or 616-654-7870 work
Old 06-11-2002, 11:17 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

THANKS dyno! I'll try to get ahold of boatme.

BTW-If you want you can contact me at [email protected] or 262-243-9663.

Baja-I bought the policy through NBOA (National Boat Owners Association) who was representing St. Paul Insurance.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks Cord, much appreciated!!!

You may remember my search for a policy not too long ago, and NBOA had one of the better quotes...

Once again, if you don't mind my inquisition, may I ask what the nature of the claim is and why they are so animate about fighting payment? Sorry for the questions, but this is good info to know.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:17 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I struck a submurged object and cracked my hull. The boat partially sank (we beached it). They are refusing to cover the hull and say that a Bravo drive can be rebuilt for $1,200 and the used aluminum prop can be had for $60. Basically, they are using incredibly low numbers and then are taking a very heavy depreication off of them. Agreed value being $14,000, they offered me $2,700.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OMG!
That's what I call being shafted.
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

Crap, so what good does it do to pay the agreed value premiums if they won't live up to their end. Little guy gets screwed again.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:37 PM
Registered

cord- i had a similiar situation several years ago, (however, i let someone drive) boat hit submurged rocks, cracked outdrive, large strake 5ft + in hull, partially sunk, beached it... Had Michigan Marine Salvage come out to "salvage" the boat and shore it "to prevent further damage" in insurance policy verbage! Then I get billed $3,258 from MI Marine Salvage. yikes. Insurance company only paid 5% ($950). At the time i had a '88 25 SeaRay.
Still had to get estimates, insurance claims... ended up getting a brand new Alpha drive, glasswork... My ins. company paid over 13k in boat repairs for a boat i purchased for $17,500! I didn't really want it back either. Then i went after the F*^%'in driver for my out of pocket expenses.

Quick Reply: Attention OSO members!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.