Notices

Puder? Parts Poll?

Old 06-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A tough coconut to crack !! Seems as though these companies are the ones that should pay the price for selling merchandise...you obviously know who is using the board for capitol gain ....no way to moderate it ? limit sales/sales posts from such persons....incurring a fee ? I dunno ... of course I'm sure you already know that the sales posts will continue on other threads just as they do now ....
Old 06-09-2002, 01:38 PM
Registered

Yes they will but remember it is easier to sell product where a majority of people congregate. The OSO Rules and Polocies that you agree to when you sign up discuss solicitation. If it is reported to us or we find it, it will be dealt with nicely.

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Got it, sent you one back to practice.

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 01:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

To take some of the weight off OSO, I could probably handle a few of the minor Classified ads that are in question. If you got something that's marine related and want me to put it on my Classified page, just let me know. I understand it doesn't make sense to pay 10 or 20 dollars to sell a 15 dollar part. I am sure there probably isn't a whole lot of those type of ads, but if I can help, just let me know. At the bottom of my Classified page is also a LINK directory to many other Classified sites. Check it out at; WWW.SHARKEYMARINE.COM

I am not looking for any commission. If you feel you would like to give something, well then please send it to the DOUG LEWIS FUND on my "CHARITIES" page. He needs it more than I do.

Let me know if I can be of help....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-09-2002, 02:00 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

my orignal post dealt with the fact that the classifieds aren't as useful as the posted parts. I check the classifeds section every few days where as i check the threads everytime log on. Also teh threads allow you to ask question and setup a deal. Not to mention it tke 2 seconds to post. And most users aren;t likely to place an add for eth spare connecting rod that's been sitting on thier bench of 9 months unused. Whereas they would be willing to post about it.

I'm not quite sure how it degraded into a discusion over the validity of banner advertising.

My initial post was made to HELP. I and many other members feel the posted for sale section is better than the classifieds. Not to bash, not debase your advertising efforts, and certainly not to get a mud slung a me.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:01 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Originally posted by RiverGirl
But, I guess your motives are more on the selfish end.

i'm not even going to justify that with a retort.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:04 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

oh yeah one more thing.

The reason I killed the thread was becasue i was tired of taking **** for trying to help out. I was just willing to accept they are going to charge and leave it at that.

Sharkey, you the man! l ets say we kill this thread now too.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:26 PM
Registered

Puder,

How about if we charge a one time fee for posting in a new parts section on the board. Charter members don't pay, and commercail companies not allowed to post?

OSO
Old 06-09-2002, 02:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Puder, But I don't want to kill this thread. I feel something good is going to come out of it. This is our chance to give our input to OSO on how we feel they should handle the situation. You know what is so great about all this? They are listening!!! They are asking for our input. So if members can refrain from any personal attacks, we're about to come up with a plan. OSO, Thanks for asking our input!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Registered

seems like a good place to start charging fees would be the higher end items such as boats.....or charge for posting pictures or more than one picture on such adds.....that would certainly save bandwidth and produce funding for increases needed

Quick Reply: Puder? Parts Poll?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.