Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drives what should i do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261691-drives-what-should-i-do.html)

maniac0586 09-05-2011 12:30 PM

Drives what should i do?

OK so right now i have a bravo 1 don't know what has been done to it if anything. I have a 22' Dliminator Daytona, 468Ci bbc with a 1071 blower making arround 700-750 hp. The boat runs about 110 but this is with a stock bravo 1. Maybe some upgraded gears but its the way the boat came when i bought it and I don't really know what i have. It also is running a 32p 4 blade. My question is what should i do to upgrade the drive, I am afraid that i will break the drive sooner or later and i want to prevent that before i upgrade the motor and really break it lol. I was thinking i need to atlest get a different lower with the nosecone and low water pickup but was wondering if i could get some suggestions. And I'm not loaded so the best bang for the buck is what I'm looking for. thanks! I also have another extra bravo 1 sitting arround

endeavor1 09-05-2011 04:10 PM

BMax.... bravoshop.net

Tom A. 09-06-2011 09:45 AM

IMCO SCX. They used to be called 1000's based on their theoretical hp rating but are good to 800+ in reality. I put them on over the winter and had a flawless boating season this year. I am running twin 700's and before the SCX's I popped 3 XR drives in 2 years. They are not cheap (much cheaper than converting to NXT's/#6s/Arnesons) but blow 3-4 drives and not to mention all the down time and they will be worth it.

29scarab10 09-06-2011 10:34 AM

I am on my second year with SCX upper with sc lowers. Halfway thru this season we developed a shifting problem that turned out to be a real simple fix (they have a rubber plug in the top of the shift shaft that is to long, fix was cut rubber plug in half) but wound up taking apart looking for the problem. The upper gear set looked like it had never been used. Acoording to GPS these SCX have over 6000 miles on them and over 200 hours of use. Other than the one little shift problem they have been flawless and I have run the boat hard.

The year before I put the SCX I broke 6 uppers in one year. My motors make a close to 1000 hp and ft lbs of torque each.

I will be inspecting the lowers this winter and feel like I will have to replace the lower gears but do feel I have gotten my moneys worth out of the lower gears.
Allen

Run_em_hard 09-07-2011 08:49 AM

I used to run a 22' Advantage with 750hp on a stock Bravo. Ran it that way for years and it is still going strong. IMO, your boat is light. Run good fluid in it, keep it cool and don't worry about breaking it. If it does break than worry about it. If your going to break something, it will be the upper BTW.

JIMKID Motorsports 09-07-2011 08:58 AM

X POWER if you can afford it

cigrocket 09-07-2011 11:07 AM

Call Randy at Cobra, he has alot of inventory. He can get you what you need to stay on the water. Can answer your questions and is honest. NO BS

OFFICE - 305-893-5018

Tell him Kurt sent you!

maniac0586 09-10-2011 03:05 PM

thanks guys, yea im just worried that if u upgrade the power to about 900 or so the bravo 1 is going to break. An scx would be nice probably what i should do to make it a pretty much permanent fix, just another 10k haha.

maniac0586 09-10-2011 03:28 PM

would an xr sports master be much of an upgrade from just a bravo 1?

offthefront 09-10-2011 03:43 PM

how hard do you run it ? Are you out of the water alot? on the Pin starts? what RPM? 110 for how long? ...your boat is not real heavy ... I have seen 750-850hp on B1's with great success ...but ...you can break anything ... to a point how you treat it means alot ....The IMCO is your best bet ...its only $$$$ ..... :) .....m