Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family >

Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this 74 Olyimpic boat tri hull a while back and have been restoring it to resell. I even got a brand new $250 cover for it. Went through the drive new interior tune up new control cables . Went through the trailer new wiring new lights I put a lot of hours in it. I got really burnt out on it got down to the control box and the control box is shot. Engine runs like a Swiss Watch I said to hell with it and stuck it in the paper anyway for $1495 . Encluding the trailer. Well you guessed it ? Cant sell it even with all the work and time in it.

Back in March this peice of s##t and his girlfreind over in Wendover Nev murdered this 16 year old girl named Mechella Constanzo . Beautiful bright girl with her whole life ahead of her. She really suffered before she died.

Anyway a few months back the family was looking for money to help out with expenses. And I thought hey I cant sell this boat I really need the money my business is down I need to sell the boat but I can't ,nobody it buying nothing here.

Why don't I just donate it to the family? I got a no for a family freind tried once to call but didn't get anybody.

Heres my question should I donate the boat to the family? I thought maybe we could have a silent auction or sell raffle tickets . I really need the money but on the other hand they need it worse than I. I won't donate it to a third party I will only deal dirrect with the family. Not looking to make any money if I go this route. 100% of the proceeds will got to the family I don't want a dime if I go this route.

Just give me nudge guys tell me Yea or Nea. Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

JMHO- Wouldn't it be simpler to list the boat at a price to move it quickly and then after the sale donate the cash to the family in need. The family may not have the energy/ability to deal with advertising a boat for sale and someone takes advantage and buys the boat for $100 or some ridiculous amount.

RB
Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Registered

Default Donating the boat

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
JMHO- Wouldn't it be simpler to list the boat at a price to move it quickly and then after the sale donate the cash to the family in need. The family may not have the energy/ability to deal with advertising a boat for sale and someone takes advantage and buys the boat for $100 or some ridiculous amount.

RB
Thats the problem I can't sell the boat I cant even get sombody to even come out and kick the tires! I figured if we put this story in the paper and run either a silent auction or raffle the tickets people would step up to a good cause.
I need some sound advice here guys! If
Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 946 Likes on 475 Posts

put it up on ebay for a no reserve auction...explain the story and post the link everywhere you can on forums....it will get hits

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what you are doing is very noble. Dumping a liability on somebody is probably not what they are looking for right now
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
what you are doing is very noble. Dumping a liability on somebody is probably not what they are looking for right now

I need some positive responses here guys !

I need a nudge not this isn't going to work don't even try it because your doomed for failure. Don't contact the family or try and help.
If you do they wont want to screw with it . Your wasting your time don't even try!
Wow this kinds of blog really gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you reaching out to a family that is extream grief and will hurt for the rest of there lives.

I need a nudge and some positive reponses not a wrecking ball and destroy what I am trying to do.

Ok it wont work dont try it just put the boat and trailer away for the winter and wait untill next year when you put it in the paper and nobody shows up to look at it again!

Wow thanks I needed this!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
I need some positive responses here guys !

I need a nudge not this isn't going to work don't even try it because your doomed for failure. Don't contact the family or try and help.
If you do they wont want to screw with it . Your wasting your time don't even try!
Wow this kinds of blog really gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you reaching out to a family that is extream grief and will hurt for the rest of there lives.

I need a nudge and some positive reponses not a wrecking ball and destroy what I am trying to do.

Ok it wont work dont try it just put the boat and trailer away for the winter and wait untill next year when you put it in the paper and nobody shows up to look at it again!

Wow thanks I needed this!
Unfortunately most of the replys are the basic reality of it. I dont think anyone is going to knock you for trying to help, that is truly a great thing. But even on its best day a boat of that style and vintage isnt worth much and letting the family deal with the sale of something they may not be familiar with may be an un necessary complication in there life right now. It would be much different if this was a premium like a sweet sixteen Donzi or something but this is a boat that you have tried to sell with no luck and sounds like its unfinished or still needs things(please correct me if i'm wrong there) . I agree with Wally, fire sale it yourself with the story attached to the auction and just donate the money to the family, clean and simple. Its not that anyone is saying dont do it or it wont work or give it up, it just needs to be a more streamlined process and you need to work with what you have. Again, not trying to be discouraging but you need to identify the positives and the negatives here before you can pick a direction.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 09-07-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sell the boat to them for $1 (which you provide), and assist them in donating it to a charity so they can take the tax credit.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
Unfortunately most of the replys are the basic reality of it. I dont think anyone is going to knock you for trying to help, that is truly a great thing. But even on its best day a boat of that style and vintage isnt worth much and letting the family deal with the sale of something they may not be familiar with may be an un necessary complication in there life right now. It would be much different if this was a premium like a sweet sixteen Donzi or something but this is a boat that you have tried to sell with no luck and sounds like its unfinished or still needs things(please correct me if i'm wrong there) . I agree with Wally, fire sale it yourself with the story attached to the auction and just donate the money to the family, clean and simple. Its not that anyone is saying dont do it or it wont work or give it up, it just needs to be a more streamlined process and you need to work with what you have. Again, not trying to be discouraging but you need to identify the positives and the negatives here before you can pick a direction.
Its pretty much 98 % there it just needs a control box. Yes I understand its not worth much. I.E. the 1495 price I probably have about that in time and parts just in the drive. Like I said new wiring lights new interior it runs like a freekin Swiss Watch. The boat has low hours, I didnt intend on making a mint on it just would like to recoup my money and I would of been happy. I will wait untill the week end to make my decision but I am taking in all your suggestions to see the best route. Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.