Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family >

Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family

Notices

Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family

Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Now this is about as accurate as you can get with this stupid idea.

The family of a murdered child needs to deal with this idiocy like they need a hole in their head.

Finally... I must say... I concur
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best thing to do with this boat is borrow someones chainsaw.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
I need some positive responses here guys !

I need a nudge not this isn't going to work don't even try it because your doomed for failure. Don't contact the family or try and help.
If you do they wont want to screw with it . Your wasting your time don't even try!
Wow this kinds of blog really gives you that warm fuzzy feeling when you reaching out to a family that is extream grief and will hurt for the rest of there lives.

I need a nudge and some positive reponses not a wrecking ball and destroy what I am trying to do.

Ok it wont work dont try it just put the boat and trailer away for the winter and wait untill next year when you put it in the paper and nobody shows up to look at it again!

Wow thanks I needed this!
I am being positive I am just giving you reality. I mean you cant sell it so how do you expect somebody else too. Think of it this way you are in a bad situation family memeber dies, cancer, loss of a job. And somebody wants to hand over a boat that is 35 years old isnt worth more than a grand. Now you you have to store it, try to sell it, worry about paperwork, titling, taxes, etc. Probably not what I would want in a crisis. People want cash, food, work around the house, etc in times like this or even memorials. I think you are trying to do something noble here but just have the wrong idea. best thing is sell it for whatever you can and hand over the cash.

And giving it to them for a dollar for them to turn in for a tax credit is just about as dumb. First off they will never actually see cash and they wont see anything till next year. Lets say the boat sells for a grand they are not getting and actual grand in credit they will a fraction. When you turn things like this they become a deduction not a credit. It depends on what they make and some other factors. 1000 buck tax credit would probably yeild then 200-300 bucks max. For example I turned in a thunderbird for 2000 because junk yards wouldnt take it, ended up netting me something like 500 bucks.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

If you do happen to go the tree route....go and look up a tree called "The Royal Empress" This thing can grow upwards of 18' per year!!! After the 3rd year it flowers with a purple-ish orchid looking flower that smells like a cross between jasmine and gardenia. A friend of mine bought one last year....you can almost watch it growing daily!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
If not through a charity, a raffle probably would not be legal or tax deductible. He has asked for our opinions in at least three different posts but really does not appear to want them.
His first post should read "I want to unburden myself of a boat I can not sell, how do I give it away and still get something out of it." Like this family really wants a 37 year old broken boat in their front yard.
WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PISSING ON SOMTHING THAT IS VERY POSITIVE AND GIVING. THIS KINDS OF CRAP I DONT NEED!
I GOT ABOUT 2 GRAND IN THE BOAT MY BUSINESS IS DOWN TO 1% OF LAST YEAR I CANT SELL MY FIREBIRD THAT I HAVE DUMPED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN I HAVE BUSTED MY ASS TO TRY AND MAKE A BUCK! AND ITS NOT HAPPINING. SO I DECIDED TO MAKD LEMONADE OUT OF LEMONS THEN YOU GOME ON HERE AND PISS ALL OVER IT! GEE THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS IS WHAT REALLY NEED WHEN I AM ALREADY DOWN
Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Finally... I must say... I concur
OK ILL TAKE THE PEICE OF **** OUT IN THE YARD PUT SOME GAS ON IT SET I ON FIRE AND JUST PISS ON THE FAMILILY! WILL THAT MAKE YOU GUYS HAPPY?
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

BA Scarab .... sorry that people didnt understand when you said "Just give me nudge guys tell me Yea or Nea" that what you really meant was that you just wanted the guys who would say "yea" to reply. Some people just have a hard time reading between the lines and take what you say at face value.