Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family >

Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family

Notices

Advice on Donating Boat to Murdered Girls Family

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Sell the boat to them for $1 (which you provide), and assist them in donating it to a charity so they can take the tax credit.

How does this work? I want the family to have all the money. I dont want sombody or organization taking big chunks of the pie. Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

They won't get any money. They will get a tax credit for what the boat sells for, when the charity actually resells it.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
They won't get any money. They will get a tax credit for what the boat sells for, when the charity actually resells it.
I want to make sure they get cash . I am sure it cost betweent 7 to 10 grand just to bury her! What a sad freekin world we live in:{
Old 09-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir...why dont you sell the boat for a good deal to someone, then...take the money and purchase a gorgeous young tree (something that gets big and blossoms in the spring) and a nice thick brass plaque with her name on it...and ask the school that she went to if you can plant it on the school property in her honor. You could have a nice little ceremony with the family, her friends, and the newspapers there. In the future, (for years and years to come) the tree will get big, and maybe kids will go and sit under it to study, meet their friends, and/or just relax in the shade. Generations of future kids will know it as "Mechella's Tree". Anybody that sees that tree, or knows of it...will never forget her then. I'm sure this would please her family more than you handing them some cash.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Also, might put it on eBay with a $1 starting price and no reserve, and state what the proceeds will be going toward.

However, you will have to clear this with the family before you go public with such an endeavor.

What the hell is this boat anyhow? You are not going to sell a boat in the paper or on the Internet without a picture nowadays. Post it up on Craigslist with a few pictures and share the link here.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

If you want to do something for the family, that's great but leave the boat out of the equation, everyone will be better off.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
Just give me nudge guys tell me Yea or Nea. Thanks
It is a very, very, noble gesture, BUT, you sound a bit like my wife. You ask a question and then when folks answer it, you make like it is the wrong answer. The way I see it, there are several "Nays" and no "Yeas". Don't ask the question if you already have your mind made up to do something, just do it!

The hard truth is that very few people would purchase a raffle ticket to buy an old project boat that does not run.

Like I started with, though, it is a very kind gesture to a family in need.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tinman565
Sir...why dont you sell the boat for a good deal to someone, then...take the money and purchase a gorgeous young tree (something that gets big and blossoms in the spring) and a nice thick brass plaque with her name on it...and ask the school that she went to if you can plant it on the school property in her honor. You could have a nice little ceremony with the family, her friends, and the newspapers there. In the future, (for years and years to come) the tree will get big, and maybe kids will go and sit under it to study, meet their friends, and/or just relax in the shade. Generations of future kids will know it as "Mechella's Tree". Anybody that sees that tree, or knows of it...will never forget her then. I'm sure this would please her family more than you handing them some cash.
I LOVE IT WHY DON'T I DO BOTH! THIS WOULD ONLY BE WITH THE FAMLIES BLESSINGS
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
It is a very, very, noble gesture, BUT, you sound a bit like my wife. You ask a question and then when folks answer it, you make like it is the wrong answer. The way I see it, there are several "Nays" and no "Yeas". Don't ask the question if you already have your mind made up to do something, just do it!

The hard truth is that very few people would purchase a raffle ticket to buy an old project boat that does not run.

Like I started with, though, it is a very kind gesture to a family in need.
You didnt read my blog in full. I said I went through the drive resealed new water pump put all new interior in it. Put in brass freeze plugs tuned it up. Tore the trailer down put all new wiring and lights on it and repainted the trailer. THEN ENGINE RUNS LIKE A FREEKIN SWITCH WATCH! ITS VERY STRONG! I took the control box apart put in new throttle and shift cables cleaned and greased every thing but the control box is shot. That is where I stoppped so I don't know where you read the boat did not run??? Even the old original Sun tach and gages all work! This boat has very low hours on it.
I assure you its not junk! The previous owner even put new tires on it!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
I LOVE IT WHY DON'T I DO BOTH! THIS WOULD ONLY BE WITH THE FAMLIES BLESSINGS
Now your on your way (nudge nudge)....I'm sure they will love it sir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.