Notices

Cape Cod Race WOW

Old 06-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Cape Cod Race WOW

Well the good the bad and the ugly is what this race was for me. I was sapposed to race this weekend in P4-12 Specialized racing. Well a couple days before the race WAM I get hit by a car from behind in my new truck I decided that due to that and the owner of the boat and I not getting along at the time that I would try and get a ride with some one else. Well to no avail I was side lined. WELL today I was some what glad to be. It was rough as anything out there today. Coast guard was saying 6ft and snot. Waves were starting to crumble as I got towed back in in my buddies boat. The waves rocked us so hard up and down that my motors went under water and I think that the batteries shorted out and I lost all power and started to sink!!!! Well thanks to some quick help from MFB the coasties arived in force. They sent one plane, a helo, and two boats!!! I am not sure what you told them Mark but I guess better safe then sorry. I was glad to see them. I got the bilge pumps up and running and we got towed back in. By the way I put in two calls to Boat US and they NEVER showed!!! Anyhow we got back in safe thank god. If anyone is out on the cape there is a real nice anchore floating out there with a bouy attached to it that we could not get back out to pick up.

Well after the race we watched a bit from shore then I headed back to the dry pits. Well let me tell you it looked like a boat junk yard out there. The boat that I was sapposed to race in had a collision with another boat (TKO) and there were lots of other boats that took it hard. I counted 6 boats with MAJOR collision damage. EVERY ONE of those guys deserves a pat on the back for going out in that stuff they put on a great show and all ran hard. WAY TO GO GUYS. I talked to a town official and word is that APBA signed on for another 2 years that is great. I am so happy to have a race in my back yard.

Jon
Old 06-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon, All I did was tell them what the situation was. The jet was for an air drop for us we ran out of ice. We have some great video of the whole thing. Wait till Freezeframe finds out because of you his copters couldnt move for a while. Dude great time though. Ken240- and Mo are cool people.

RED BANDS RULE!!! Dennis made me write that.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

HEHE Well dude the ship did not go down and that was the importand thing. I had a great weekend. Even the one night that I do not remember to much of. I hope I did not horrifie the women to much. I was in a bad mood that evening and needed to totally let loose. I hope I did not take it to far
Old 06-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Registered

Dude no problem, You just kept drinking my drinks everytime I put it down. Its all good. remember this??
Attached Thumbnails Cape Cod Race WOW-jon-sidewase.jpg  
Old 06-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Dude you are harsh man!!!!! Seriously dude you suck I give you guys some entertainment value and you go and post it on the board totally out of context!!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

Jon thats the good one, shall I go on??
Old 06-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

NO!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Troutly it was more like OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ****!!!!! Dude if it was flat I could have done more but it was so rough out there I got concerned that all that extra water in the boat was going to roll it over. As it was the motors went under every time that a wave went past us.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Quite the adventure, huh ?

As a passenger, I can say that I had total faith in the "Captain". I was alot drier in the sinking boat than in the Coast Guard boat.

MFB,
It was really nice to meet you and yours. Thanks for letting us tag along, we had a great time. AWESOME PICTURE by the way!!

Take it from a purple band, Red wristbands DO RULE

Mo
Old 06-10-2002, 12:57 PM
BK
Registered

Default Was this you?

Sure glad everyone is safe and sound...

Headlines at capecodtimes.com

http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/coastguard10.htm

Coast Guard tows two boats taking on water

In unrelated incidents, two power boats taking on water in choppy seas were towed to safety yesterday within minutes of each other.

Two men maneuvered their 15-foot boat to Elephant Rock in the vicinity of Mattapoisett yesterday shortly after noon after discovering the vessel taking on water in 2- to 3-foot seas.

The pair climbed onto the rock and managed to flag down a passing boater, who alerted the Coast Guard. The pair managed to keep the boat from smashing into the rock until being rescued by the Fairhaven harbor master. The Mattapoisett harbor master also responded, as well as a vessel from Coast Guard Group Woods Hole. A commercial salvage company was hired to tow the boat ashore.

At 12:30 p.m., the Coast Guard received a second radio call from a vessel that had spotted a 36-foot power boat taking on water just south of the Bass River and east of Lewis Bay.

The passing vessel reported that weather conditions kept it from moving alongside the sinking powerboat, a participant in the American Powerboat Association race by Smugglers Beach in Yarmouth, to rescue its six occupants.

A Coast Guard helicopter was deployed to monitor the scene from overhead, while four people were rescued from the power boat by a smaller vessel from Coast Guard Station Chatham.

The Coast Guard helped the two who remained aboard operate the boat's bilge pumps and clear it of water. The boat suffered no further flooding and was towed by the Coast Guard to the Bass River Marina.

Quick Reply: Cape Cod Race WOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.