Notices

Pewaukee Lake, WI

Old 06-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pewaukee Lake, WI

I know that there are some people on this board that boat on this lake.

Anybody been out there lately and know if the weeds are bad.

I was out on my lake (Little Muskego) and it was horrible. Weeds everywhere, and what they did cut was not harvested so it was floating all over the place. I was planning on trying Pewaukee Lake this Saturday, but not if it's the same way.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa, I am like, who is asking about Pewaukee Lake LOL'

I was out there last Friday night, stopped at Ikes Pub for a great Pizza. The weeds are starting on the East end of the lake (near town) but still navigable. As far as the remainder of the lake, it is just fine.

Depending on where you launch, get there early as the weekend launches fill up quick. I usually launch on the West end and once the lot is full, the launch closes until spaces open up.

Look me up the next time your out, , , it is only a hop skip and a jump for me.

I am heading up to Winnebago this weekend.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

I'm glad the weeds won't be bad.

I never seem to get to the public launch on time so I go to the one at the baitshop at the middle of the lake (south side). A bar is there too. I think it's Lakefront Pub or something like that.

I'll check with you next time I head out there again.

Anything going on up at Winnebago? I was maybe going up next weekend to hang out during the Poker Run.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:18 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

2 1/2" of rain should have lowered them a little bit.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:13 PM
russ7r

Hey guys let me know how they are, weeds that is. I work in peawaukee and was thinking about trying out the lake some time. Doesnt that lake have a speed limit on it? I know some of them do around there, one is at 40 and another is at 50.

Thanks, Russ7R

Old 06-08-2002, 07:21 AM
Registered

EX20 - I grew up in Muskego! My eye's almost fell out when I saw someone that boated on Little Muskego Lake.

Were you around when they drained and dredged the lake back in the 70's? That was supposed to solve the weed problem. I remember trucks carrying loads of stinkin' mud through town to the land fill for about a year.

I've been gone for 21 years now, but it's still got a soft place in my heart.
Old 06-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

Is this lake near Okechee (sp) lake ??

My friend Curt is up there. "Dirty Curty"

and "Frezze" too.

But they sold there boats.
Old 06-08-2002, 11:55 PM
russ7r

Okachee (sp) is a little N and W of Peawaukee lake. My boss lives on that lake...I will be out in the Madison lakes on Sun if anyone is going out there?
I was looking at the weeds in Lake Menona today and it looks preaty bad.

Old 06-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, it looks like it's going to be a bad year for weeds on all of the lakes. I even have them comming up on the river, where the are tradionally none.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

Russ7r,

The weeds were minimal. A few floating patches but that was about it. Lake temps are getting close to 70 degrees.

jbrauer,

I have only been in Muskego for 10 years. The lake still has major weed problems. The DNR allows some chemical weed control and there are a few weed cutters/harvesters that the lake association uses to control the problem. If is kept up with, the lake is usually pretty weed free. But, this year they started too late. It should get better. I heard about the 70's efforts and it did help but dredging continues. Kingston Bay, which is where I am, was dredged in 1996. Another bay on the west end in 1998 and Schubring (sp?) Bay will be done in 2003 or 2004 I think.
You would not even recognize this lake if you saw it again. It's night and day different from just 8 years ago. The shoreline improvements and huge houses going up all over changed things quite a lot.

Quick Reply: Pewaukee Lake, WI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.