Anyone is the Sarasotta area?

Notices

Anyone is the Sarasotta area?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone is the Sarasotta area?

Ok, I'm on a forced vacation here on longboat key(wife and rest of family said I needed time off). I see all this water around, but my Velocity is back in KS(unfortunately not a carry on). What is there to do, anybody in the area planning on going out on the water this week, and want some company to buy the beer? Wife and I are borred as hell with my brother his wife, their 15 month old, and his wife's sister. Not exactly my idea of a fun vacation. The minivan just doesn't have the horsepower to do it for me. So who is in the area and would like someone to shoot the shart with.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Im up in Pinellas. Tampa Boat show is this weekend. Not the greatest show but could get you around the water for a few brews.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Anna Maria Island is just up the road from Long boat key and is one of my favorite places in Florida and they do rent all kinds of boats there. If you can't swing a boat then at least go to the tip of Anna Maria and have dinner at the Rod & Reel Peer. Very low key but super cool place over the water.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

The weather sucks so Im not getting out. You never know what you might see just hanging out at the 10th street boat ramp. If you have a car you could drive down to Nortech and take a tour. Its right off I-75 in Fort Myers. You can drive out to south Lido Park on the weekends and there will be lots of boats pulled up on the beach on the inlet side. You could rent a boat and just cruise around the intercoastal waterway.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Our shop is in Bradenton about 1/2 hour from where your at. We have some cool boats here to check out if you are really bored.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Waveform
Ok, I'm on a forced vacation here on longboat key(wife and rest of family said I needed time off). I see all this water around, but my Velocity is back in KS(unfortunately not a carry on). What is there to do, anybody in the area planning on going out on the water this week, and want some company to buy the beer? Wife and I are borred as hell with my brother his wife, their 15 month old, and his wife's sister. Not exactly my idea of a fun vacation. The minivan just doesn't have the horsepower to do it for me. So who is in the area and would like someone to shoot the shart with.
Rent a small C.C right there in Sarasota and get out on the bay. It won't be a offshore but you'll be on the water away from the boring family.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by florida gator
Im up in Pinellas. Tampa Boat show is this weekend. Not the greatest show but could get you around the water for a few brews.
Be there tomorrow for it.

I have fun there even though i know there are better shows.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: HILLSBOROUGH, NJ OCEAN BEACH, NJ & LIDO KEY FLORIDA
Default Longboat Key

I hope your wrong about not much to do there, I'm closing on a house this friday on Lido Key. At least next year I'll be at Suncoast Grand Prix, house is across the street from beach.
Any one have more idea's or info, thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BUGSY
I hope your wrong about not much to do there, I'm closing on a house this friday on Lido Key. At least next year I'll be at Suncoast Grand Prix, house is across the street from beach.
Any one have more idea's or info, thanks
There is plenty to do there. Yes Sarasota is a little slower paced then say St. Pete but there is still plenty to do and Lido Beach is beautiful. Do not worry about your purchase.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

The boating life here is awesome. Lots of locals with a wide array of boats that are out all the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.