Cats?Spectre or Eliminator >

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Notices

Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Old 05-31-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

If you have some knowledge on these two Cats. advise me of the pros & cons on these two. Lets keep it non-Biased.THANKS
Old 05-31-2002, 10:42 PM
Registered

Gotta buddy running a '26 eliminator at our local lake. Not sure on all the specs of his power, but I know it's big! I think with NOS he runs around 110. It's always impressed me how stable it is, even in pretty big chop.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Depends on the boating you do. If it is mostly flat lake water and you don't want to cruise above 60 you might want the eliminator. If you don't mind having to cruise faster or most of the water you will be in has more than 18 inch chop go with the Spectre.

A pod cat cannot touch a full tunnel cat, if the boats are the same size, in rough water but you have to air out the tunnel cat to get it to ride well. The pod cats may work better if most of your running is below 50-60 mph.

mike
Old 06-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

I have about 60 hours on my 30' Spectre and love it.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been in the 30 Daytona and the 36 Daytona and have been nothing but impressed. We ran a 36 Daytona in the Sarasota Poker Runs American Poker Run and had not problem with the "snotty" water conditions. While other boats were backing off we were running an average of 90+ mph with a top speed in excess of 117 mph. The handled it without any problems.

Nothing against Spectre - they are a very nice boat, but they don't have the amenities that the Eliminator does - for starters, there's no cabin and very limited storage space. Depends on what you're looking for.
Old 06-01-2002, 10:24 AM
straycat

In the 30' range , dont forget to consider the AWESOME Marine Thundercat. Dollar for dollar its a great deal, and excellent all around boat! cabin, speed, handling etc. just my .02

Old 06-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

I own a 26' Daytona and can speak to its prowess as a great boat with great characteristics.
You didn't specify the length of the boat and budget, so your choices are wide.
I would like to dispute the 60 mph cruise speed for center pod tunnels(mod v). I don't know what cat boat katdrvr is referring to, but mine will cruise at 75 plus in most conditions, with a top speed well into to the 100's. Not all center pods are created equal, the center pod in my boat is significantly above the outside tunnels, so it does not drag in the water at high speed, like some other brands, yet it rides well, at slower speeds, due to the center pod being there. It is certain that a true tunnel will generate more lift, therefore more on top speed due to not having a center pod, however sacraficing some ride quality at slower speeds.
Let's here from other Daytona owners and their cruise speed for the conditions they run in! I tried to keep this as factual as possible not really trying to be biased, or make assumptions.
Good luck in your choice.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:40 PM

I have both a 25 Eliminator with single 500 hp and XR drive and a 36 Spectre with twin 1500 HPs and Dry Sump VI and herring skegs. Both great in there own way but the ride in the Spectre at over 160MPH is unreal. Otto
Old 06-01-2002, 04:43 PM

Also the 25 is not so great in the ruff stuff although it has never acted badly, just not comfortable in anything over 3 feet. Spectre runs all day with out wearing you out.
Old 06-01-2002, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

How big of water do you expect a 25' boat to go through? The adage, "there's no substitute for size" was made for boating. 25' vs. 36' is not hard to figure which will feel more comfortable in the larger water. Canopies make any boat ride more enjoyable also.

Although I do not like any West Coast boats, I believe that Eliminator spends more $ on R&D than most others, certainly more than Spectre and Motion. Far more on advertising as also.

Dollar for Dollar, Skater is the best deal in a certain size range. Eliminator's prices have risen and risen, example; friend just purchased a 30' Eliminator hull for $70K no power.. Another friend purchased a 28' Skater Hull no power for $65K...

An advantage Eliminator has is they do have a very excellent Gelcoat painter, but that is also costly. Skater and others merely paint the graphics. Good... Bad...???

I believe that the Spectre's and Motion's tend to porpoise far worst than the Eliminator's, but that’s only at certain speeds. (Poker Run Speeds?)

It really will come down to what your expectations and demands are of the boat. Bigger water, bigger boat regardless of manufacturer.

HP Per HP?? $ Per $? And the most important part Resale Per Resale...

Quick Reply: Cats?Spectre or Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.