Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Run into Manhatten on Sept 11 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262015-run-into-manhatten-sept-11-a.html)

Sick Nordic 09-09-2011 12:59 PM

Run into Manhatten on Sept 11

A friend of mine got issued a permit by the coast gaurd to go into Manhatten after 10:30 am Sunday as a group. Anyone interested? He has a 50 meteor with flag graphics and flags he can give to some boats. I know its short notice but they just issued him the permit in the last hour.

CigaretteSam 09-09-2011 08:07 PM

EDIT: just realized race is saturday.

nordic95 09-09-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Nordic (Post 3499850)
A friend of mine got issued a permit by the coast gaurd to go into Manhatten after 10:30 am Sunday as a group. Anyone interested? He has a 50 meteor with flag graphics and flags he can give to some boats. I know its short notice but they just issued him the permit in the last hour.

I have a few boats heading down the river on Sunday morning to pay our respects. I checked with cc and theyntold me river wasn't closed on Sunday. So why does he need a permit and if we do can our group join in with you? I have the details of our run listed in the poker run and event forum here on oso.

Anthony
Nordic95

frankenstein 09-09-2011 11:37 PM

permit or no permit, it doesn't matter. You won't know until that day. It doesn't matter what you have on paper, it's up to the authority at that time. If they're under alert ( which they are now ), nobody is getting in. Carnival and Royal Caribbean will be anchored up outside.

Expensive Date 09-09-2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 3500191)
permit or no permit, it doesn't matter. You won't know until that day. It doesn't matter what you have on paper, it's up to the authority at that time. If they're under alert ( which they are now ), nobody is getting in. Carnival and Royal Caribbean will be anchored up outside.

There is a lot going on right now.We may not be able to get as close as we would like but we will try.

speedfreek1 09-10-2011 09:14 AM

Good luck guys, thats would be a great thing to do..

raytart 09-10-2011 10:14 AM

Hey Sick What's up

I see you have 1/2 ownership on a 32 skater.
Which half? The 1/2 that's fun and exciting to drive or the half that's expensive to maintain?

Ray

Sick Nordic 09-10-2011 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=raytart;3500339]Hey Sick What's up

I see you have 1/2 ownership on a 32 skater.
Which half? The 1/2 that's fun and exciting to drive or the half that's expensive to maintain?

Ray[/Q
Both!!

prostock85 09-10-2011 07:10 PM

When you say in, what do you mean? As in docking and walking or just being in the vicinity on the water?

frankenstein 09-10-2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Nordic (Post 3499850)

Sorry Brian I was banged up last night and I didn't even realize it was you. My bad. Brett