Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike remember when i saw the motors on line for sale because the Grady's had not paid for them and had been stalling. Tommy was tired of trying to getting them to pay and take delivery. I found them for sale online and called Scott, All of a sudden he had someone run over and pay and pick them up because Tommy was packing them up to sell at the Miami boat show (completed boat was first promised to be displayed at that show by the way - one of many missed delivery dates LOL) wow oh wow it has been a while since I thought of these stories
Old 09-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Mike remember when i saw the motors on line for sale because the Grady's had not paid for them and had been stalling. Tommy was tired of trying to getting them to pay and take delivery. I found them for sale online and called Scott, All of a sudden he had someone run over and pay and pick them up because Tommy was packing them up to sell at the Miami boat show (completed boat was first promised to be displayed at that show by the way - one of many missed delivery dates LOL) wow oh wow it has been a while since I thought of these stories
Wonder who that someone was.....

Anything else you want to get me in to?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pat

You were the bright spot in this. You saw the handwriting on the wall before we did and were trying to help us get things done. The root of the problem was always that the Grady's were not paying the bills they were supposed to be paying (I believe including to you) that is why many parts ended up sub standard because low cost practices by Grady's. I do not even want to get into the many months long ordeals to get a mercury drive tail piece (more stalling and lack of funding) I still have the emails to Scott on this. He was stalling and lying about it

Just so everyone understands me I do not blame Pat or even Bobbie on this, we were all taken for a ride by the Grady's and sold a bill of goods in one fashion or another. There were many people behind the scenes trying to help but the line of bull coming out of so called corporate was down right criminal
Old 09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

From the sounds of it the boat has had some history

The boat is on my showroom and I have run it twice. It runs great!!!! There are several small cosmetic issues in the paint and the interior has had a couple repairs that are noticeable. To say the interior needs replaced might be a stretch, however if you want a 10 this is true. The motors run strong, we ran the boat to 92-93 several times and I have put around 8-10hours on it with only minor tweaking to get the idle set. We are on LOTO and it is rough, this boat takes anything the lake can throw at it with ease. The trailer is now yellow and must have been repainted. I am not making any argument to the past, just need to inform those who are not in the know that this is still an outstanding offshore machine and like mentioned before, I would be proud to own it!!!!!

Brett

Performance Boat Brokerage
Old 09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
There are so many twist and turns to this story it needs its own weekend seminar LOL There is so much that was never told publicly

Once again Great hull for big water, great power, great drives, great paint, and at one time a great trailer oh yea GREAT STORIES LOL
would be a nice addition if all that info could be put in a file for any new owner. ...Sounds like a lot of "history", tall tails and broken promises from the builder. I could only imagine.
I have looked at a few pics of it before and honestly never noticed it was a stepped hul

Last edited by LAriverratt; 09-26-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I think the interior needs replace one because it's yellow and very hot according to Brett and two it was poor workmanship. A short staggered 41 Apache with 750s runs mid 80s and a step boat with 950s can barely pull a 90,,, what's wrong with this picture. I know Brett wants to sell it and get the comission thats his job to talk it up and he should push it. The thing that attracted me to it was the paint work it is great. But after what is being said about the Gradys maybe I should stay away from "Only Rumors" also.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Agree, the interior needs to be redone. When you spend a half million and a bayliner has a better interior, its time to have it done properly.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

I have an absolutely Beautiful 41 Saber for sale, she will do 100+ on pump fuel. 108 turned up running on 111 octane.

Look at all the rest, then come see what this one looks like.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

What are these clowns (the builders) doing these days?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pappo
Agree, the interior needs to be redone. When you spend a half million and a bayliner has a better interior, its time to have it done properly.
Agree also! Looked at that interior to quote about a year ago and was AMAZED at the lack of quality. Exposed staples, crooked french seams, and cheep non-laminated vinyl was just the start.

Sorry, Brett I know your trying to sell a good boat, but it was just my opinion on this.

New owner can contact me anytime. It can be fixed.

XT
Attached Thumbnails 42 Chief-imgp5677.jpg   42 Chief-imgp5681.jpg   42 Chief-imgp5682.jpg  

42 Chief-imgp5685.jpg   42 Chief-imgp5695.jpg  

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 09-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.