Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-28-2011, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kcsteve124
Brett says low 90s but there is a video on You Tube from back in July and the best they saw was 87-88 mph thats with 950s. I talk to a guy on Sunday with a 89 41 Apache 750s that will run mid 80s anytime with a straight bottom no steps. the bottom of that Chief is not setup right steps are to small.
Best part of the bottom of the boat is the reverse chine. The boat takes high speed turns like it is on rails
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boatme, that was a good summary of the whole deal. I remember when every week I'd call and they said it would be done the next week. I was headed out on a cruise and stopped by to see the boat and found it the same way it looked six months before. Not a person there working on it. But of course, Chief kept telling me that it would be ready next week. I ran into Pat there and he was straight with me that no work was being done on it.

The boat runs great in the rough stuff. The paint on it is still my favorite, Mitch did one heck of a job on it. Lets not forget that Mitch was expecting to get a lot of exposure with this boat. A lot of people were screwed over by these folks.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

what kind of background did the Gradys have in boat building/buisness? Just curious really. Awesome boat that deserved better than this, hope to see it find its way into some good hands.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
mid 90s probably - ive seen it run and it throws a massive rooster tail

one of a kind boats are hard to sell, but once they do, everyone wants it -

white lightening is a perfect example - it was for sale a long time, then it sold, now its one of the most recognizable boats on LOTO

the Chief - i would own it, and be proud
Good point, Wild. I've been on the boat and she'll run mid-90's through ANY water. I think dialed in, she'd be a 100 MPH boat. From what I can tell, the motors runs strong and I wouldn't be afraid to run them for a season. She needs some TLC to be a "10", but is a truly unique vessel that turns heads EVERYWHERE she goes.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Registered

I'd be proud to own it. All the issues & everything. I'd be the only kid on my block with one.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
what kind of background did the Gradys have in boat building/buisness? Just curious really. Awesome boat that deserved better than this, hope to see it find its way into some good hands.
Not much backround but they honed their deception techniques on this deal
Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

I will say that all of the pics that Pappo put out this week all of those things are still the same, none of that stuff has been fixed. It is a great paint job my hats off to the shop that painted it.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Mitcher T

http://www.mitchertcustompainting.com/
Old 09-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Crazy story on this boat for sure, but if I was a potential buyer I wouldnt give a sh*t about the past on this particular boat. Get the interior redone, the boat dialed in and you have one of the baddest, most unique wave crushers around.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully it'll stay on LOTO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.