Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Agree also! Look at that interior to quote about a year ago and was AMAZED at the lack of quality. Exposed staples, crooked french seams, and cheep non-laminated vinyl was just the start.

Sorry, Brett I know your trying to sell a good boat, but it was just my opinion on this.

New owner can contact me anytime. It can be fixed.

XT
It was impossible to clean. When it was delivered, I thought that I could clean it up easily, but the dirt just stains or soaks into the vinyl and there's no way to clean it.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pappo
It was impossible to clean. When it was delivered, I thought that I could clean it up easily, but the dirt just stains or soaks into the vinyl and there's no way to clean it.
A good marine vinyl has a superior stain gaurd treatment like "Prefixx" from Omnova, or "Permaguard" from Spradling International. They may not even have used a marine vinyl.......?

XT
Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

I can not get over this thread. What you went through with this boat is unbelievable, you must have wanted to kill somebody.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

No ****, me too. Some one would of had to get shot.
Pappo, what prompted you to have a boat built by them.
Originally Posted by richanton
I can not get over this thread. What you went through with this boat is unbelievable, you must have wanted to kill somebody.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Curious, what does it run top end?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Brett says low 90s but there is a video on You Tube from back in July and the best they saw was 87-88 mph thats with 950s. I talk to a guy on Sunday with a 89 41 Apache 750s that will run mid 80s anytime with a straight bottom no steps. the bottom of that Chief is not setup right steps are to small.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mid 90s probably - ive seen it run and it throws a massive rooster tail

one of a kind boats are hard to sell, but once they do, everyone wants it -

white lightening is a perfect example - it was for sale a long time, then it sold, now its one of the most recognizable boats on LOTO

the Chief - i would own it, and be proud
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by kcsteve124
I talk to a guy on Sunday with a 89 41 Apache 750s that will run mid 80s anytime with a straight bottom no steps.
Not sure I'd believe everything you hear.

On a seperate note, everyone carry on with the Chief bashing!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
mid 90s probably - ive seen it run and it throws a massive rooster tail

one of a kind boats are hard to sell, but once they do, everyone wants it -

white lightening is a perfect example - it was for sale a long time, then it sold, now its one of the most recognizable boats on LOTO

the Chief - i would own it, and be proud
Boat runs in the 90's on its best day (2 to 4 foot seas) Might get a few more MPH with spacers in the drives and a differnt set of props

I to would love to own it just for running those rough water days on lake michigan here I have as much seat time in it as most and it is fun to run in the rough water. On a calm day this is just a boat, but on a rough lake Michigan day this boat is a BEAST

Last edited by boatme; 09-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Not sure I'd believe everything you hear.

On a seperate note, everyone carry on with the Chief bashing!
I do not think it is as much Chief bashing as it is calling out the owners who did Mike dirty almost from the beginning

I sold Mike the boat as I was in charge of sales when the company started One of the ideas that S. Grady had come up with (was a good one had he been able to live up to it) was to enter the boat in 5 poker runs across the country and pay for all of the transportation and entry fees for the boat so Mike just had to fly in to the event and go boating then go home. It was one of the things that interested Mike in being the first owner of the First (and Last) Mohican
Delivery of the boat missed ALL the promised events and the idea never happened once he got the boat many things I ultimately promised Mike through the Grady's direction never happened and I was watching many things come apart. I had a few more customers waiting for Mikes boat to be completed so they could go for a ride, and order a Chief themselves. Part way through the First Mohican debacle Scott G came to me and said "we need to get that second hull sold" indicating he needed the money. (This was after Mike had given us hundreds of thousands of dollars in deposit money) I told Scott i was not pushing to sell the next hull until Mikes boat was done because we were not living up to our promises to Mike and I was not closing another sale without Mikes boat delivered. Soon after it was evident the lies and deception that was going on so I backed away from the company They were not even keeping there commitments to me regarding my pay it was time to distance myself. I spent the next almost year working with Mike to get his boat after i was gone from the so called company. We enlisted Brett (DHLAW on this site) to help and Brett was instrumental in helping us make the final deal come down. even that was ugly at best

Mike and I were talking last night and figured it took him almost 2 years to get the boat We have not even scratched the surface by sharing the dirty dealings that were going on behind the scenes and the lies I was told as well as Mike was told as we were trying to get the boat completed
Mike was the guy that had stepped up with hundreds of thousands of dollars to get this boat built and the owners were making promises that they had no intention on keeping to me or to the customer (Mike)
It was not the boats fault, although it was a mess when Mike received it because they had used it for a pace boat at a boat race and had been running it in salt water and not cleaning it proper when taking it out (see pictures from first page) The boat already had many hours on it before mike got it. The blame lay's squarely on the owners, and maybe a bit on me for talking Mike into buying the boat in the first place. WE were both sold a bill of goods. The process was fun being part of something new, but soon it became a nightmare one that ultimately cost Mike the loss of a lot of money to go through this experience

Again, i too would like to own the Hull and just gutt out the cockpit and interior. I would redo the cockpit and make the interior a cover girl style
the value is in the paint, the power, the drives, and the hull bottom.

The first Mohican- You seen one You seen em all

Last edited by boatme; 09-28-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.