Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NY race sucks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262076-ny-race-sucks.html)

smallblock 09-10-2011 05:00 PM

NY race sucks

NY Race sucked ass...left 5 am to get there ..got to the race to find race underway..with 2 laps left..and nothing going on after race ..what a waste of a day & i just got home ....never do a hudson river NY again ..every other race i been to was kool but NY sucked...met scott & crew from team daredevil very kool peeps congradss to todays winners

nitrousnolan 09-10-2011 05:43 PM

spell-check

frankenstein 09-11-2011 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by smallblock (Post 3500542)
NY Race sucked ass...left 5 am to get there ..got to the race to find race underway..with 2 laps left..and nothing going on after race ..what a waste of a day & i just got home ....never do a hudson river NY again ..every other race i been to was kool but NY sucked...met scott & crew from team daredevil very kool peeps congradss to todays winners

It really doesn't matter what time you left for the race, it's more important what time you actually got there. If I got to the Daytona 500 with a couple of laps left, that wouldn't actually mean the Daytona 500 sucked. I think that other things might be going on in the Hudson now, and making sure you were "happy" for the race is probably not a priority. It's unfortunate you had a bad experience in NY, I hope you can put it behind you. Speaking of bad experiences, my cousin got married at Annopolis, in the officers club. My NY family took the drive to attend. What a freekin joke. These Maryland locals were telling me that this was a high class, top notch wedding. My lunch in Junior High School blew away anything that this dump had to offer, and I had to buy my own beers. Now that's ridiculous. I guess my point is, try not to let one bad experience destroy your entire feelings towards a state (city). Life is too short to worry about the small sh@t. Godspeed

jayboat 09-11-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 3500721)
It really doesn't matter what time you left for the race, it's more important what time you actually got there. If I got to the Daytona 500 with a couple of laps left, that wouldn't actually mean the Daytona 500 sucked. I think that other things might be going on in the Hudson now, and making sure you were "happy" for the race is probably not a priority. It's unfortunate you had a bad experience in NY, I hope you can put it behind you. Speaking of bad experiences, my cousin got married at Annopolis, in the officers club. My NY family took the drive to attend. What a freekin joke. These Maryland locals were telling me that this was a high class, top notch wedding. My lunch in Junior High School blew away anything that this dump had to offer, and I had to buy my own beers. Now that's ridiculous. I guess my point is, try not to let one bad experience destroy your entire feelings towards a state (city). Life is too short to worry about the small sh@t. Godspeed

Well said. :drink:

ROTAX454 09-11-2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by frankenstein (Post 3500721)
Speaking of bad experiences, my cousin got married at Annopolis, in the officers club. My NY family took the drive to attend. What a freekin joke. These Maryland locals were telling me that this was a high class, top notch wedding. My lunch in Junior High School blew away anything that this dump had to offer, and I had to buy my own beers. Now that's ridiculous. I guess my point is, try not to let one bad experience destroy your entire feelings towards a state (city). Life is too short to worry about the small sh@t. Godspeed

WOW You had to pay cash for drinks? At a wedding?
Where are the grooms parents? Sounds like the grooms fathers wallet was stuck in his back pocket. Geeeeeez. Hope you waited to fill out that wedding gift check!!

Catastrophe 09-11-2011 09:25 AM

It really doesn't matter what time you left for the race, it's more important what time you actually got there.

Sums it up in one sentence.

Panther 09-11-2011 09:38 AM

But didn't they have to rearrange the entire race because of the elevated terror threat? There were bomb scares and 4 known trucks missing.

I believe they were ordered to be on the course at a certain time in the morning and had to be off quickly, trucks packed and off the property ASAP.

Get the facts, blame it on the terrorists, not the race. TYPICAL.....

BRUCE SEROFF 09-11-2011 11:21 AM

because of all the events surrounding 911, race was scheduled for 9am. and race and all boats had to be out of Lib State Park around 11. If you would have checked the SBI site you would have seen the schedule.

offshoredrillin 09-11-2011 12:04 PM

He lost me at daredevil being cool..ugh...

Catastrophe 09-11-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3500924)
He lost me at daredevil being cool..ugh...

Good one ! I couldnt figure out how to word what you just said.

Question though...................The security arrangements for todays events have been known for months and months.

Given that the public would find it odd to watch a race at 9am on any day and given that the dedicated SBI guys are travelling some distances and given that the afterparty and chillin on the docks is part of the weekend.................why would this race even be held under the existing restrictions??