Notices

Remember 9-11

Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember 9-11

Being a Ny'er I guess you could say 9-11 has a close place in my heart, as it should for almost any american. Tonight we watched a 3hr special on 9-11 that was filmed by a firemen's brother in NYC. The station that this was filmed in was to film a new fireman that was in his probationary period showing what it takes to by a NYC fireman. As time would have it the 1st day of filming was 9-11-2001 and the 1st call of the day was to the WTC. The guy who was doing the filming was on hand and filmed for almost 12hr's straight from the start of the terror attacks. This was a truly moving special and really showed at least to me the in/out of what this tragic day in history consisted of other then what was shown on the news. At the end of the special I sat and thought about no matter how tough, bad, or unfair things may seem to be, they could always be worst and how good we really have it.

I post on here pretty often, I joke, I pick, and I test, I'm wrong a good amount of the time. I have always spoke my mind weather I should or shouldn't but I guess that what makes me...me. I may be the "jerk", the "a**hole" or the guy with the old azz fountain that doesn't have a clue. No matter what people may think when it comes down to it I would help anyone that would ever ask anything from me. And thats why each year I push myself to hold the Swamp Run and help the children and families of Make-A-Wish, just because if I can somehow, someway make someone who is a little less fortunate have a brighter day I would and will until the day I'm unable to.

So what is the point of this little run on? I just want to apologize if I have ever offended you, spouted off and seemed like "that jerk". Maybe I was wrong, maybe I wasn't but this is a place for fun and friends, as well as to interact with people that enjoy the same past time. So NEVER FORGET 9-11 and be proud to be an AMERICAN!!

Check out this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJzUxVKLgMk