Notices

Color-Change Underwater LED Boat Lights

Old 09-11-2011, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Color-Change Underwater LED Boat Lights

http://www.youtube.com/v/2mzo7lz2pRc

I've posted this video that a friend of mine took on my boat with his smart phone... it's not the best quality, but it's pretty cool.

I've seen quite a few threads here on OSO that pertain to underwater LED boat lights, but I haven't seen any that include the Lumishore Color-Change Drivelights that I just installed on my boat. The really cool thing about these lights is that you don't have to choose just one color to run on your boat... The lights come with a controller that allows you to choose from (6) pre-set colors: Blue, Green, Red, Magenta, Cyan and White... or you can custom mix any color that you choose.

None of the LED manufacturers that I'm aware of, make an underwater boat LED light in the color purple, and I really wanted the water behind my boat to match the purple cockpit and engine compartment lights that I had already installed... especially at the docks.

Keep in mind that the video was shot before it was totally dark outside, and the water in the Niagara River can be a little murky and the lights still look awesome! The darker the sky and the clearer the water ~ the brighter the lights will appear.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Dave,

Great video, cool choice of music too !

Yes, your lights look great and the color change is awesome.

You were leaving the docks one of the nights from The Buffalo Poker Run and the purple especially looked very sharp, knowing how it coordinated with the rest of your boat.

Great job.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, you're boat looked great. I'm asking for them for Christmas.
I think these are it:
http://www.yachtlights.com/item--Col...-90W--X-90-RGB
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are cool!! what did you mount them to? The inside edge of your tabs?
Nice video.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a pair of the lumishore color changing lights which they make for outboards. They are bullet shaped and are half the cost of the thru hull type. I had them mounted on top my k planes. They light up a space a good 6 feet behind the boat. A different way to go if you want to save a few dollars and not drill holes in the hull.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by momolambovt
I bought a pair of the lumishore color changing lights which they make for outboards. They are bullet shaped and are half the cost of the thru hull type. I had them mounted on top my k planes. They light up a space a good 6 feet behind the boat. A different way to go if you want to save a few dollars and not drill holes in the hull.
Great looking boat.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

That is awesome, love it. What did those run you installed?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Payton
Those are cool!! what did you mount them to? The inside edge of your tabs?
Nice video.
Thanks for the compliments! These lights come with a bracket that clamps to the cavitation plates on your drive(s). I wanted something that would be a little more secure, because everything else on the back of an offshore boat is thru-bolted... so I commissioned my brother-in-law to build me a bracket that mounts to the existing hardware on my latham drive shower mounting bracket. He's a machinist, so it was right up his alley. The only problem was that it took a while, because he had to build them on the sly at work... in between what he was supposed to be doing there.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Yup, you're boat looked great. I'm asking for them for Christmas.
I think these are it:
http://www.yachtlights.com/item--Col...-90W--X-90-RGB
Thanks Chris ~ I wish I could've got these for a Christmas present! Well in a way I did... but it was Merry Christmas to me!

When I was purchasing these last year, yachtlights.com wasn't an authorized distributor... the advertisement that they had (have) on their website (including the Price!) was bogus because they never seem to have any stock. (!)

Lumishore is a company based in the UK, but they have a US sales network set-up through SeaWide Distribution: Lumishore USA, LLC @ 941-405-3302.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Dave,

Great video, cool choice of music too !

Yes, your lights look great and the color change is awesome.

You were leaving the docks one of the nights from The Buffalo Poker Run and the purple especially looked very sharp, knowing how it coordinated with the rest of your boat.

Great job.

Thanks Kelly ~ Just trying to help you out a little... I figure if even just a few of the people that are drooling all over your boat at the docks look up long enough to see my lights when I'm pulling out of the marina, maybe I'll save you a couple of clean-up towels and your bilge pump won't have to kick-on as quickly!

Not too many boats can keep up with the bling that Holy Cow has at the docks... not to mention trying to keep up out on the water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.