Tampa Boat show was small to say the least >

Tampa Boat show was small to say the least

Notices

Tampa Boat show was small to say the least

Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
We've never done that show. We don't even do the shows in Ft. Myers. Shows are expensive and you have to decide where you'll get the most bang for the buck.
With the line of CC's we will be expanding into some other shows but will do just a few. In addition to Lauderdale and Miami we will be at Annapolis next month and St. Pete in December.

TS
That's surprising you would do St Pete and not Tampa. You know your business better than I do but Tampa always seems larger to me than St Pete.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I belive it was in the center row, black and white CC, outboards looked like they where on steroids. Transom was at least 4inches thick. Wow

Originally Posted by florida gator
I missed that. Who had it there?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by florida gator
I missed that. Who had it there?
Sorry it was a Concept.....Beautiful.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0

OOh Yeah, that the one with the camel dunn interior. Yuck. It had a cabin for a getaway. Just not my style.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
OOh Yeah, that the one with the camel dunn interior. Yuck. It had a cabin for a getaway. Just not my style.
I thought that interior looked good but was not practical.

I liked it a lot but it is not what i want either.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Smaller reginal boat shows are a dying breed. It costs dealers a fortune to display in them and most don't get much return on their investment. It stinks for the consumer, I know, but as a former boat salesman I know the costs involved and frankly they aren't worth it. With the exception of small boats and PWC's most boats are very calculated purchases these days and very few sales occur at the show.
Of course there will probably always be the big shows; Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, St. Louis, NY, etc.. primarily because these are mostly Manufacturer shows with Dealer participation.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

We've never done that show. We don't even do the shows in Ft. Myers. Shows are expensive and you have to decide where you'll get the most bang for the buck.
With the line of CC's we will be expanding into some other shows but will do just a few. In addition to Lauderdale and Miami we will be at Annapolis next month and St. Pete in December.TS
You should try some more display boats with your dealer at the Houston show next year. The nation may have been hurting this year but the oilmen haven't had it to bad at all.
I built more 150k+ pools this year than I had since 07. Every one for an oil company employee. Boat mfg's may not realize it but the greater Houston area offshore market is still huge. That's why I was shocked with the lack of representation.

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
I like the 900Hp engine that says SHOCK THE DOCK. Coool
Crown was correct it said "Stack the Deck"
The hand was a Royal Flush in spades, it looked like real gold plating. Sucks I had a POS camera in my dually that day. I swapped it with a hi-res camera into a stakebed a few days earlier when I had to take a flat truck to a job and actually work with the men due to two guys on that crew calling in sick, and forgot to get my good cam back, LOL!!!

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Just got confirmation, we will be at the Houston Boat show in April
I certainly look forward to seeing the boat and meeting some of the members of your race team there.
I must say that you guys are on top of both the racing and marketing game for your sponsor. I wish that some of the other teams could get aligned with the marketing dept. of some other big corporations for sponsorship. I'm surprised that no major brewery's have picked up on it. Our boating crowd really enjoys our brewski's after a day on the water, and all Sat. afternoon and evenings on weekend overnighters. I always purchase light beer from any the big 3 at the supermarket based on price specials.
I pay what ever the asking price is for Castrol just because of their heavy involvement with NHRA and would do the same for a beer company too.
Congrats to you and your team, and to Geico Ins for y'alls involvement. We all appreciate it.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try some more display boats with your dealer at the Houston show next year. The nation may have been hurting this year but the oilmen haven't had it to bad at all.
I built more 150k+ pools this year than I had since 07. Every one for an oil company employee. Boat mfg's may not realize it but the greater Houston area offshore market is still huge. That's why I was shocked with the lack of representation.

They must like pools more than new boats. I'm very surprised there isn't more activity there.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0

Missed that one too. Did you notice who had it there?

Did you see the Contender on the east end of the docks? Heard that thing got some damage coming out.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...and St. Pete in December.

TS
What's happening here in December?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.