Notices

Lake Cumberland was a blast

Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TBAG. What site is that from?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Cumberland is my home lake and I have to agree this was the most fun poker run weekend I have been to. This was the first year I rented a houseboat and that is the only way to go, we will be doing that every year from now on. A few of you may have seen me riding around in the Flava Flav costume.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Default Spectators were Great

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Couldn't agree more!

Lake Cumberland is our home lake and I can honestly say, this is the way the State Dock people roll. Management is high performance boat friendly,owner is a boater focused on providing an environment just like you experienced.

There were 96 boats registered and thousands spectating. Felt the spectator fleet did a much better job of providing room to run this year,a big thank you!

Kudos to you and your team Bill
I agree 100% on the spectators on this run. They all stayed on the sides of the lake.

No one cut in front of us or made wakes. No jet ski's or tubes were in the way. No cruisers throwing big rollers. It was one of the few runs where I felt safe going 130+mph without the fear of people getting mixed up with us.

I want to thank all those who watched for being so respectful of the poker run boats and the speeds we run.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM
rws
Registered

We have been going down for the poker run weekend since 1999.
I have not ran it since the Big Iron began to show up, it gets pretty rough on the Burnside end of the lake with boats coming and going in a narrow channel.
I also agree about the spectators, I only saw one moron sitting in the middle, right past Conley Bottoms.
Harmon Creek had more boats than ive seen in the past.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
I have to say, I have never been to a party like that on the water. It was crazy.

Did you have your Nor-Tech there? If so, I missed it.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

I would say 2012 is shaping up to be another great year if this is any indication: we have been staying in the Jamestown Lodge for 6 years and always booked the following year when we checked out, this year, they were already booked for 2012 when we checked out at 10:00 AM Sunday morning!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Gunsmoke FOR SALE
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
I would say 2012 is shaping up to be another great year if this is any indication: we have been staying in the Jamestown Lodge for 6 years and always booked the following year when we checked out, this year, they were already booked for 2012 when we checked out at 10:00 AM Sunday morning!
Yes I know - we were second on the list & we tried at 9:30
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

We had a blast even though boat would not run. I also want to thank Bill again for trying to get my boat running, thanks much appreciated. I also thought Harmon was way more crowded than the past years especially for a Friday. Cant wait for next year and hoping to have a running boat.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

What a great run. Many thanks to the Statement crew for getting us parts and keeping us running. To Chris and Ange D for bringing even MORE beer and to the Moore family, they truly don't come better.
Looking forward to next year!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
I've linked my photos in a couple of other threads already, but here's another link.

Some of my favorite shots.

and, I love the bimini! I'm guessing that's an option?

Great shots.....Sending you a PM to see if we can't get some copies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.