Does this sound like a scam??? >

Does this sound like a scam???

Notices

Does this sound like a scam???

Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound like a scam???

Well I'm selling a SeaRay twin cabin cruiser on Craigslist and have interacted with this potential buyer by email only.
He hasn't asked to see the unit in person or to have a 3rd party come by to view it and take the courtesy seatrial I offered in my listing.
Bear in mind I've never bought off of E-Bay and have no Pay Pal account. I've heard good and bad things about the service, but would be willing to set up an account if necessary. However, I'd hate to do it and then after the boat gets picked up have the buyer call and renig and the coin deducted from my account. Or maybe I open a new bank account and once the money is credited remove it or transfer to another account.
I'm not sure what a Hydrogapher is but thinking maybe he's on a ship???

This is his response to me.

Thanks for your response, I am quite okay with your price, I need you to understand that I am willing and ready to purchase it right away, put it off the AD site, consider me as your favorite buyer, and Please note that I have a shipper/mover who handles my shipping arrangement anywhere in the world,he would be coming for the pickup, after you have received payment, which would be through paypal, If this is acceptable, advice soon as I am an hydrographer and I am buying this for my son,I am at work right now .I can only pay through pay pal at the moment as I do not have access to my bank account online,but I have it attached to my pay pal account, and this is why I insisted on using pay pal to pay,all I will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,and if you do not have a pay pal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted. I want you to provide me with the following information for me to proceed with the Payment...

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Your Full Contact address:

Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee
so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can
proceed with the payment asap..
Thanks

Thanks for any and all insight you may have to offer.
You guys and girls are always the best source of quality info I've found.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Yes.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Run....away...
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

SCAM.

"favorite buyer"???

how many people do you know who have "shippers that take care shipping anywhere in the world for them" but yet cant access their bank account to get CASH to buy stuff

if the guy is really a serious buyer (no effin way) tell him you ONLY take cash only at time of pickup.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Scam.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSSSSCCCCCAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!! I had the exact SAME response to a CL listing I had several months ago for my Crownline. ANYONE who does not want to come and look a it personally is more than likely a scammer. These scum bags look for items that have been listed for a little while knowing the seller may be over motivated to sell. RUN.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default Scam

It's a SCAM
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

SCAM... On a good note, I sold my old boat on ebay to a guy in Greenland. He contacted me by phone and wired the money to my bank and then the bank transfered it to my account, so be never had my account number but the banks acc. number. He only saw pics and I dropped it off at the port to be shipped by sea. I felt iffy the whole time but it was legit.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Scam 100%
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If its sounds like a scam it is, it never ceases to amaze me how much thought they put into it to write that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.