Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos) >

RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos)

Notices

RIP Sonic (Warning ugly photos)

Old 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Just looking at the pix gives me chills.....especially since I've got the same boat (1987 33SE).
Old 09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jim,

Man I'm sorry to hear about the Sonic. I was looking forward to helping you with the engine swap! and going for a ride!
If you need help with anything regarding the new motors and moving them around let me know.
I should have gone down and gotten the boat for you in my one ton Dodge dually, I never have any trailer sway...........ever.

Jon
Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Why take a chance with a light light vehicle?
Why overkill for no reason?

With that said I have never seen a boat destroyed it's always a travel trailer which is due to wind or a horse trailer because most guys that tow horse trailers seem to drive like aholes
Old 09-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402

With that said I have never seen a boat destroyed it's always a travel trailer which is due to wind or a horse trailer because most guys that tow horse trailers seem to drive like aholes
Why overkill...... gee I don't know??
Old 09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team V
Why overkill...... gee I don't know??
Again F550 for Jet skis, because you never know. Better Safe then sorry. Always have a truck that can tow 15 times what your load is, otherwise you will get screwed by your insurance and just wont be a real man.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Again F550 for Jet skis, because you never know. Better Safe then sorry. Always have a truck that can tow 15 times what your load is, otherwise you will get screwed by your insurance and just wont be a real man.
Are you ever happy?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Insurance is used more for on the road than on the water. Accidents happen, be prepared.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

No, I tow with a truck that is adaquate to do the job. That way, my safety, the safety of my passengers, my property, and the general public sharing the same highway are not at risk.

I don't respond to these silly kind of threads often because it's a pointless pissing match with the ignorant.

glencal1's broker made a foolish decesion.... period.
A decesion that left him (glencal1) holding the bag at the mercy of an insurance company.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why this accident happened?
Who in their right mind would come to the defense of the broker?

Fortunately everything worked out for glencal1..... I'm not going to get into a physics lesson of energy, and how much opposing energy it takes to stop an object going at X speed.
It's pretty FN simple.

Last edited by Team V; 09-19-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: correction
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

or a horse trailer because most guys that tow horse trailers seem to drive like aholes
Yep, I drive like that when pulling a horse trailer
Old 09-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team V
No, I tow with a truck that is adaquate to do the job. That way, my safety, the safety of my passengers, my property, and the general public sharing the same highway are not at risk.

I don't respond to these silly kind of threads often because it's a pointless pissing match with the ignorant.

glencal1's broker made a foolish decesion.... period.
A decesion that left him (glencal1) holding the bag at the mercy of an insurance company.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why this accident happened?
Who in their right mind would come to the defense of the broker?

Fortunately everything worked out for glencal1..... I'm not going to get into a physics lesson of energy, and how much opposing energy it takes to stop an object going at X speed.
It's pretty FN simple.
aggreed I wouldnt tow a 10k boat with a 9 k truck. Point being is its just as rediculous to tow a 10k boat with a 22k truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.