Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   KEY WEST WORLDS - WHO's GOING (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262340-key-west-worlds-whos-going.html)

CLA 09-15-2011 11:06 AM

How rough is the water normally on the run? Could I make in my 25 Daytona ICC? I did pretty good in Destin out in the ocean but it was pretty smooth.

Maritime_Eng 09-15-2011 11:11 AM

Yep... Thursday to Monday!!!

otis311 09-15-2011 11:31 AM

Otis will be in attendance !!! Doing something a little different this year. Me and a few others are leaving from FLL on the Harleys and will be biking it down. Ill be in Florida for a few weeks

thisistank 09-15-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by CLA (Post 3504154)
How rough is the water normally on the run? Could I make in my 25 Daytona ICC? I did pretty good in Destin out in the ocean but it was pretty smooth.

I was just talking about this over on RDP.

I dont know if I'd want to do this run in a 25 Daytona. The first 100 miles would be no sweat for you (inter coastal). But the last 50 miles is on the outside. It's "usually" pretty calm out there but we've been on a few runs and that last 50 (or the first 50 coming home) you had to work for it (and that was in big Cigarette's).

Best call would be to do the run but have someone drive your truck and trailer down that way if you get outside and it's big you can trailer up and drive the rest. Plus you'll be thanking me your truck and trailer is in KW when you're ready to come home; you're liver is nearly demolished and you're head is pounding like a japanese war drum from the non stop partying you've just partaken in....Running 150 miles in a boat home wont sound so good at the end of that weekend. :drink:

nitrotommy 09-15-2011 01:00 PM

Maryland Powerboat Club is in, about 35-40 of us.

CLA 09-15-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3504232)
I was just talking about this over on RDP.

I dont know if I'd want to do this run in a 25 Daytona. The first 100 miles would be no sweat for you (inter coastal). But the last 50 miles is on the outside. It's "usually" pretty calm out there but we've been on a few runs and that last 50 (or the first 50 coming home) you had to work for it (and that was in big Cigarette's).

Best call would be to do the run but have someone drive your truck and trailer down that way if you get outside and it's big you can trailer up and drive the rest. Plus you'll be thanking me your truck and trailer is in KW when you're ready to come home; you're liver is nearly demolished and you're head is pounding like a japanese war drum from the non stop partying you've just partaken in....Running 150 miles in a boat home wont sound so good at the end of that weekend. :drink:

Thanks tank! Sounds like a good plan.

ctconsulting 09-15-2011 01:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Booked....leaving with FPC on Thursday run.

lucky strike 09-15-2011 02:31 PM

Will be there

searaycer 09-15-2011 02:56 PM

I will be there...cant wait...Potter is almost done with the new engine!

Racegirl3 09-15-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by otis311 (Post 3504180)
Otis will be in attendance !!! Doing something a little different this year. Me and a few others are leaving from FLL on the Harleys and will be biking it down. Ill be in Florida for a few weeks

Please make sure you have a drink for me at breakfast :D First year I wont be there since 2004 :(

Cant wait to see the pics and hear the stories :cool: Can somebody check to see if my Racegirl sticker is still on the sign out front of Ricks? :evilb: