For serious cat guys only.

Notices

For serious cat guys only.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:24 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For serious cat guys only.

Looking for opinions on what would be the best cat with a budget of $1,000,000. Thinking about a 46 skater with 1100 or 1200 power. Anybody have one? How about Marine Technology? How practical are full canopies for poker runs? Vs 1/4 canopies. Not looking to race just for pleasure.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I think that you could find two semi comparables in the "lick this" boat and the "sorcerer". Both of which are exceeding 1 mil, but it would be a starting point.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:30 PM
ssherman

also check the new Marine Tech. called Rare Breed.

Old 06-10-2002, 04:16 PM
Registered

Life is good! 46 Skater, not the Supreme. Sterlings, number 6's. Dualie wheel trailer with Freightliner customized tow tractor. The quater canopies would probably be more pleasure oriented. A full canopy while safer in some regards may also be more dangerous. For example, if the boat goes over and the cockpit canopy comes apart. How do you get 4 people out without air? You would technically need to be wearing the respirator full time. Is that pleasure boating? If the canopy comes apart and you are unconscious you would be stuck inside the canopy. Another problem is what appears to be an upward escape. In NJ where boating in the bay is 3-4 foot deep can create another problem. Suppose the boat is upside down in shallow water? Those doors will not open because the boat may rest in an obstructing manner for the escape doors to open. You will need a floor hatch.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Uncle Toys

Mrgoodwrench – You are going from a 26’ Am Offshore cat, to a 46’ Skatter with all the bells and whistles? You been short-selling your own stock or something?

Old 06-10-2002, 06:02 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

Wink

Just doing a little homework at the moment.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This is simple:

Proven Package here nothing un-tried or over-hyped..

46' Skater Flat Deck with four or five seats, same canopy just smaller seats in the rear if you want a five man.

An escape hatch in the tunnel. Skater has done quite a few of these.

A/C so that it will never be to hot.

Turbine powered with Arneson Surface Drives.

Easy speeds, very reliable, very low maintenance and the boat will be fairly lightweight also...

Will last longer than you can make the payments.

Cost will be under 1 mil though... I'd guess 750 to 800K without paint job.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default big boat

hay guys turbines are nice but there is alot of heat to deal with and i think the resale on a turbine is not that good and there is no substitue for the roar of a big block go with sterlings do the mantiance schedule that dianable tells you and should be okay just my nickols wourth or somthing like that
Old 06-10-2002, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

mr goodwrench email me your phone # and should be able to answer your questions Tom
Old 06-10-2002, 10:10 PM
packinair

well hell... I would just call tom and see if you can sweet talk him out of TOMCAT. you are going to spend alot more than 1M to top that boat.. Now for the next question.. what is the best boat for me.. I have a 24' cat now and thinking about up grading. I have a budget of about $350 dollars

Quick Reply: For serious cat guys only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.