Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Input for V.I.P. Package for SUPERBOAT at KEY WEST (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262485-input-v-i-p-package-superboat-key-west.html)

cigboat1 09-17-2011 02:46 PM

Input for V.I.P. Package for SUPERBOAT at KEY WEST

Ok ,My wife and I are going to the world championship races at Key West and would like some input from you guys as to purchase a couple of V.I.P. packages ------ Worth the money or are we beating a dead horse????
$510.63 for the week for two passes. thanks

Jim:drink::drink:

lucky strike 09-17-2011 03:05 PM

What do you get for $510.63?

cigboat1 09-17-2011 04:04 PM

three lunches each for a total of six.Soft drinks.
V.I.P. hospitality tent
and Race village, Pit area
concession and vendor area
All official cocktail parties.
Hospitality tent 50 feet from race course in Truman annex

JIM

flat rate 09-17-2011 04:28 PM

unless you need to sit under a tent... i would pass you u can sit any where on the outer mole. jmo

vette131 09-18-2011 05:38 PM

we've done it a couple times you do get a great view of the race. i'm not sure it's worth the $ but we didn't have to pay for ours.

Ted G 09-18-2011 07:29 PM

There are great views of the race from lots of areas on the Mole and even better viewing and seating at the end of Duval. That 500 will buy lots of food and drink for the week. You can enter the pits any day for varying prices (I think $15) and after about 3 hours you will not need to go back in unless you want to watch the crane area. The cocktail parties are....not as well attended as you would expect.

frankenstein 09-18-2011 10:50 PM

I would say no way. Their are many good places to watch the race from, and parties all over, however, I have been to KW many times. If you have never been there before it is nice knowing that you're going to a certain place at a certain time instead of wondering around like an idiot. Their is something to be said for that. Anyway, it sounds a little steep, but at least you know you're dealing with people that have been there-done that. If you're a KW virgin, I would say go for it (I know I said no way earlier, but KW can be a little intimidating for a newbe- so I kinda reconsidered, well sort of-ish) Godspeed

cigboat1 09-18-2011 11:07 PM

Been there many times but never for the races........thanks for the input !! We may just change our mind and pay for someone's gas and beer once we get down there in trade for a ride ...............Jim

Would still like to hear from some other people !

Ryan Beckley 09-19-2011 08:35 AM

I'ld say if you've never been before go for it. If you plan on going to race village several days especially for the races and you get fed you'll enjoy it.