Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ateco motor/boat shop in IL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/262511-ateco-motor-boat-shop-il.html)

skydog 10-13-2011 01:58 PM

I am having a buddy add 4" to scoop soon to clear new inner cooler. :) :)

Pics to come..... Winter will be here soon now! Time to pull out the 400hp turbo sled!!!! :) :)

Thank u guys Skydog

J.P. 10-13-2011 05:04 PM

So you had to put a larger intercooler on? What intercooler did it have before.
JP

skydog 10-13-2011 05:21 PM

It had no innercooler before.

Dave Z 10-13-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by fountainfan42 (Post 3526538)
:eek:so what broke ???

Why are you so intent on busting this guys balls? Get off it, your coming off as a real doucheBag!! By the way, you never answered the question of how fast your ship is?

fountainfan42 10-13-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Z (Post 3526792)
Why are you so intent on busting this guys balls? Get off it, your coming off as a real doucheBag!! By the way, you never answered the question of how fast your ship is?

so what broke ??? it was'nt the drive :eek: Skydawg was quick to edit his post , and with a claim of 120 at half throttle on this thread and emails from brad 1 would think after spending $ you would still be doing testing/tweaking for the better #s he was trying to reach . h#ll we tested & propped in 51 degree water & 41 degree air temp and we dont snowmobile or dig cold weather as a matter of fact our Florida tickets are booked for Key West & then Sanibel.
thats all Enjoy:drink:

10x 10-13-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by skydog (Post 3526743)
It had no innercooler before.

:eek: WHAT ??? You made 1100 hp, on pump gas, conventional style cylinder heads, with "NO" intercooler ??? Not tryin to bust your nuts or anything like that, but, give us a break already. :rolleyes:

I personally know what it takes to make 1100 hp on pump gas, and it's impossible to do without an intercooler,unless you're running alcohol, or you play with the correction factors that you program into the dyno after the pulls.

My engines, 580 cu. in. same conventional style cyl heads, with very efficient flow #'s too, @ 4 lbs boost on pump gas made 860 @ 5900. With 6 lbs. and 110 fuel, made 950 @ 5900. NO intercoolers. THAT was with the industry's standard correction factor programed in. By playing with those #'s I printed dyno sheets that showed 1075 hp, but when you look at the sheet and read the C/F, a smart engine builder can tell it's just B/S.

I'd need to see the dyno sheet with the correction factor that was used for that pull to believe those #'s. Not sayin you did'nt make some serious HP, just sayin that 1100 hp is hard to believe without an intercooler.

BTW, that's one real badazz cat ya got yourself there !!! Sounds pretty darn wicked too !!!:evilb: Just take it easy with it and don't get yourself hurt. Those boats are unforgiving at sppeds over 120-130. Be safe. :drink:

mike tkach 10-13-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Z (Post 3521864)
So your running 130 in a 31 AO????

yes i am,are u calling me out to play?

Brad Zastrow 10-13-2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 3526917)
:eek: WHAT ??? You made 1100 hp, on pump gas, conventional style cylinder heads, with "NO" intercooler ??? Not tryin to bust your nuts or anything like that, but, give us a break already. :rolleyes:

I personally know what it takes to make 1100 hp on pump gas, and it's impossible to do without an intercooler,unless you're running alcohol, or you play with the correction factors that you program into the dyno after the pulls.

My engines, 580 cu. in. same conventional style cyl heads, with very efficient flow #'s too, @ 4 lbs boost on pump gas made 860 @ 5900. With 6 lbs. and 110 fuel, made 950 @ 5900. NO intercoolers. THAT was with the industry's standard correction factor programed in. By playing with those #'s I printed dyno sheets that showed 1075 hp, but when you look at the sheet and read the C/F, a smart engine builder can tell it's just B/S.

I'd need to see the dyno sheet with the correction factor that was used for that pull to believe those #'s. Not sayin you did'nt make some serious HP, just sayin that 1100 hp is hard to believe without an intercooler.

BTW, that's one real badazz cat ya got yourself there !!! Sounds pretty darn wicked too !!!:evilb: Just take it easy with it and don't get yourself hurt. Those boats are unforgiving at sppeds over 120-130. Be safe. :drink:

Frank it is 1100 hp now with the inner cooler. It was less before. He never said it was 1100 prior to Ateco's work. His boat is the real deal. The boat should be closer to 140 when his setup is finished. It is a fast, stunning boat that the owner is very proud of.

10x 10-13-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 3526991)
Frank it is 1100 hp now with the inner cooler. It was less before. He never said it was 1100 prior to Ateco's work. His boat is the real deal. The boat should be closer to 140 when his setup is finished. It is a fast, stunning boat that the owner is very proud of.

OK, sorry Brad, that makes more sense now. I guess I took it as it had no coolers on it when he posted that it was gonna get a 4" hatch extension for the intercoolers, that it did'nt have em before.

Yea, it's surely one beautiful cat he's got. Kinda like a skateboard with a blower motor on it !!! LOL :drink:

mike tkach 10-13-2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ateco (Post 3506577)
Skydog, we thank you for your post and your support. You have been a great customer. You listened to our ideas and followed our directions, which resulted in a top notch engine build. Watching the dyno pulls on You Tube and seeing her reach 1100 hp was awesome for us, too. It's nice for us to be able to work with a true boater, also. Keep us posted.

so did it have a innercooler then,im just watching this post,not sturing the pot,whats the story brad?:party-smiley-004: