Ateco motor/boat shop in IL >

Ateco motor/boat shop in IL

Notices

Ateco motor/boat shop in IL

Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
so did it have a innercooler then,im just watching this post,not sturing the pot,whats the story brad?
It is very simple. he brought a hurt engine into Ateco for rebuild. Ateco made changes along with a total rebuild and insisted he add a innercooler. 1100 hp on the Dyno at Ateco.
It is a 605 with a 10:71 blower running 9 lbs on pump gas.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
It is a 605 running 9 lbs on pump gas.
And it only made 1100 with dyno headers? Skydog you should look for a 14:71 over the winter..
I do like that boat though. I had no idea the 27's were that much faster the the 25's. Eliminator makes an awesome little cat.

On a side note... I think you and your motor would get a lot more respect here if you told us all about how it ran 140, not about how it is going to run 140.. Just sayin.. Take it easy on that sled.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered
VIP Member

[QUOTE=mike tkach;3527229]
Originally Posted by Dave Z

it is not the fastest,but in 1999 it went 133 at the shootout.
WOW!!! Thats impressive! Here is a perfect example of when we're all B.S.ing, I tread lightly, cause you never know what someone else has got. Especially you car motor guys! Sorry to steal Skydogs Thread. Later, Dave
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Skydog,
Now I understand why you are thrilled with the performance of your new motor, Ateco probably added 200+hp from your original setup and that would make a huge performance difference when you mash your big toe on the pedal. Killer!

JP
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by J.P.
Skydog,
Now I understand why you are thrilled with the performance of your new motor, Ateco probably added 200+hp from your original setup and that would make a huge performance difference when you mash your big toe on the pedal. Killer!

JP
Yea I just am in love with her!!!! The pull is just nuts man. As far as top end goes I guess I should have ran more that one time Hahaha. I put my big prop on for the first time and a buddy and I jump in boat and went out. Boat full with cooler...two anchors ....about a 250+lbs of stereo most of that in the bow...ect...ect.... Turned around on are river , there is no spot longer than about 3/4mile before a turn. Then I slowly put the hammer down, she ran right up to about 123..125...And was kind of chilling there turn coming fast..Hahaha I wanted to make sure boat was set first time running this prop and it lifted the boat a lot more than my every day prop.I then tapped the trim up a few quick bumps and the speedo took off!!!! 128...130...Now turn right there my buddy starts to hit me to pull back. That I am glad he did because I would have stayed in her she was picking the numbers off good!!! And at the time I was so happy to go the fastest I have ever gone in my own boat!!! Took 20+ years to get there!!!! So slowing down from that speed was fine with me!! Yes this is a 140mph 1000% all u have to do is look at facts and numbers the 27 Daytona with 1100hp and good set up runs 140.
Thank u guys man what a blast!!! Again thank u Ateco so far this is my Dream boat!!!!!

Skydog
Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
And it only made 1100 with dyno headers? Skydog you should look for a 14:71 over the winter..
I do like that boat though. I had no idea the 27's were that much faster the the 25's. Eliminator makes an awesome little cat.

On a side note... I think you and your motor would get a lot more respect here if you told us all about how it ran 140, not about how it is going to run 140.. Just sayin.. Take it easy on that sled.
I for real could give a rats ass about respect here.Hahaha?
My boat ,boat motor has more respect in the real world than I could ever dream of!!!!!

Skydog. P.S.If my post is bugging u that much please do not look........

Last edited by skydog; 10-14-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm anxious to see this 140 mph, Good luck
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GPM
I'm anxious to see this 140 mph, Good luck
Thank u!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

You know what come to think of it. I was all messed up, boat runs about 46.8mph........
I hear my 4 month old daughter waking up for a bottle got to go.......o by the way some of u on here, I will be right over to feed u too....Wowow.... Hahahahahaha have good night. Man I miss sleep.....

Last edited by skydog; 10-14-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 10x
OK, sorry Brad, that makes more sense now. I guess I took it as it had no coolers on it when he posted that it was gonna get a 4" hatch extension for the intercoolers, that it did'nt have em before.

Yea, it's surely one beautiful cat he's got. Kinda like a skateboard with a blower motor on it !!! LOL
Hahaha. Thank u man!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.