Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Very Very disappointed..
Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Very Very disappointed..
I feel your dissapointment.....I too was looking forward to seeing you + others in this race again. I was also planning to display my little Mini Hawk for sale this year on land, plus helping out with the photography like last year....looks like we got to wait a longgg time now.......
Old 09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Dont let this thread die for a whole year. This could be the beginning of the advertisement for next years event. They now have plenty of time to organize, hype, and advertise a HUGE event. Consider what some of the nay-sayers are sayin, adjust pricing if necessary, and make this thing bigger than life! Good luck and I hope everyone make next years event a huge success.....
Old 09-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame, I was really looking forward to getting to attend this year. Oh well, I guess we will just have to try harder to make it a success for next year.

I am just curious, with this year, you listed 7 teams that expressed serious interest in competing, with 2 actually registered/fee paid. If all 7 were registered with entry fees paid, would that have been enough for this year's race to be a competitive & financial success? If not, what is that minimum number? Just curious so we know what to try to work towards for next year.

Best of luck as always & thanks Charlie for your hard work in trying to put this together for this year!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm.. All I can say, that I am sorry to see this happen.
Sad, that there wasn't enough interest.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

offshore only?

more like onshore only.

once again the americans look like the sad sacs they are.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered

Don would not be proud of this,
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Default Joe DeFusco - Top Bloke

I feel very sorry for last years winner, Joe DeFusco.

I met him at the Event last year and he is a "Top Bloke".

He has worked his socks off getting his Sonic sorted for this year, with extra fuel reserves, navigation instruments for his "Tom Cruise" Look Alike Navigator Jon.

I have had the job of running the Cowes Torquay Cowes race for the last 2 years - It is never easy to put on, but my team do the very best to make sure it runs.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by wanab
offshore only?

more like onshore only.

once again the americans look like the sad sacs they are.
For being such a business savvy guy...You are anything but.

In my young 25 years of existence, I have never seen an organization/business put down potential participants/customers like you have in this thread. i.e. "Hey, you guys all suck and arent true boaters but can you still come to my event anyways?" GET REAL.

Honestly, I am sorry people werent interested in your event but instead of name calling you should open your eyes and do something different next year. the attendance was poor last year. its poor again this year...guess what einstein its going to be bad next year; unless you do something about it. try:

1. adjusting the entry fee
2. including food, t shirts, etc
3. giving the participants a reason to win (money, goods, gift certificates, etc)
4. making it a 2 day event
5. marketing it to a broader audience
6. provide a free "sea tow" service to all participants (im sure many are affraid of getting stuck)

For many boaters, times are tough and adjusting to the economy is a tricky/fickle task. After all arent you trying to appeal to a person like me. Take my word for it...If you dont, i fear we will be having the same conversation next year. dont let me say "i told you so".

Good luck next year, hope everything works out for the best.

Last edited by 1MOSES1; 09-19-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
For being such a business savvy guy...You are anything but.

In my young 25 years of existence, I have never seen an organization/business put down potential participants/customers like you have in this thread. i.e. "Hey, you guys all suck and arent true boaters but can you still come to my event anyways?" GET REAL.

Honestly, I am sorry people werent interested in your event but instead of name calling you should open your eyes and do something different next year. the attendance was poor last year. its poor again this year...guess what einstein its going to be bad next year; unless you do something about it. try:

1. adjusting the entry fee
2. including food, t shirts, etc
3. giving the participants a reason to win (money, goods, gift certificates, etc)
4. making it a 2 day event
5. marketing it to a broader audience
6. provide a free "sea tow" service to all participants (im sure many are affraid of getting stuck)

For many boaters, times are tough and adjusting to the economy is a tricky/fickle task. After all arent you trying to appeal to a person like me. Take my word for it...If you dont, i fear we will be having the same conversation next year. dont let me say "i told you so".

Good luck next year, hope everything works out for the best.
What makes you think wanab has any association with Billy or Charlie??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.