Like Tree0Likes

Watch Nick of Statement Marine,Attempt World Record - NYC to Bermuda 9/21/11

Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab

Congrats guy's, glad everybody is OK ! Great Job !
Old 09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

They had a SAT PHONE as well as many other electronics on board. Once they enter severe thunderstorms one right after another all seemed to be lost. Lightning is not a good friend to electronics.

Seas at times were higher than their hard top per NICK.

This was a real test to them and I am sure they are all happy to be back on land once again....

Boarding the Ferry shortly to meet up with them...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I want my shirt xx2
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 2005 cigarette top gun

Nick,Chris,An Mike True Men. Great job keeping me up all night LOL. True offshore Men. Smart for sure, Thanks an glade your home safe. Get some rest. Can't wait to hear the story.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 38' Powerplay

Great news!!!!! Eevrybody is safe!!! Ask Nick about taking a Bravo drive off a boat in 10-12 foot seas!!! Then getting it up into the boat!!!! Watched it happen!!! Nick is the guy to have on a boat when things go wrong.. Nice job guys!!!! Boat another day!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

My Boats: 36 Concept / Y2K Superboat/39 Nor-Tech/. 40 MTI

Well just got off the phone with Nick, he's at the airport right now, I think he said he was on the phone booking a flight home before calling his wife. (lol) He said he has never been in seas like that before, and he has been in some ruff sh-t.
Waves were higher then the T-Top, plus cold rain at night just was not fun.When he gets back he has some good stories to tell, and he hopes he has some video of some of the run. And was happy to here how many people were keeping up on this this journey that they took on.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY View Post
Ask Nick about taking a Bravo drive off a boat in 10-12 foot seas!!! Then getting it up into the boat!!!! Watched it happen!!!
I talked to someone who thought that happened on this trip. I assume you're referring to a previous occurrence.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 36 Concept / Y2K Superboat/39 Nor-Tech/. 40 MTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytime View Post
I talked to someone who thought that happened on this trip. I assume you're referring to a previous occurrence.
No that did not happen on this trip, Nick said the boat was running great and he was very impressed on how the air suspension floor was working in that type of water. And they were ahead of schedule up until the storms started hitting them.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 38' Powerplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytime View Post
No, not this trip. Key West in 98?, or 99? It was on a 43' Black Thunder. I might have pictures somewhere. I will look later tonight.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:12 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Checking in while I am crossing the Delaware Bay heading back home.

Spoke with both Nick & Chris.

Comparing both their stories all I and can say is WOW !!!

They may not have made it to Bermuda but in the end, this was still a huge accomplishment.

I wouldn't be surprised if overall they did almost 700 miles in this trip and it makes you wonder just how long they were really in the heavy stuff when it hit them at 10 PM Had to be at least most of the night.

Imagine being in total darkness not knowing what size wave or when it was going to hit you and for how many hours ? Very scary stuff !

The suspension floor had to work wonders.

I would have thought these 3 guys would have got off the boat after 26 grilling hours and get a hotel for the night before doing anything. Boy was I wrong. Nick was already booked on a flight home, I find Chris at the dock with everything packed away, boat cleaned and ready for the ride home and he was still standing for his interviews as he like nothing ever happened. No way by looking at him would you think not only was he awake and in the ocean for 26 hours, but don't forget the lack of sleep leading up to go out. Trailering up to NJ, then who knows what time he got in the night before the run. When I left the dock it was 10 PM and he was still going over all the equipment. Maybe he just hides his pain well ??? LOL

My hat is off to all of them and look forward to the next attempt.

I shot videos on the dock tonight so you can hear in Chris' own words on what it was like to do the Bermuda Challenge !

Congrats guys !

Thank you to all of the sponsors that helped and supported in this Challenge.

Chris is now headed back to Va with the boat and I am sure looking for some much needed rest...

BTW, this will not be the last time you see this boat.

Many plans for it's future and the next few upcoming months...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 55 gallon drum

they are true offshore men ,god bless all of them