Notices

Anyone know this Cig?

Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone know this Cig?

I am new to performance boats. I boat at the Lake of the Ozarks. I have a deal about done one this boat.

http://www.pier57.com/200446CigAmericanMuscle.htm

Anyone know any bad things about this boat?

I about had a deal done on a different boat and found out it was a train wreck. It just seems hard to me to buy these kinds of boats.

Ive had 3 different cruisers in 4 years and have had no troubles or nightmares.

I'm definitely going to do my homework here.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Brett @ Performance Boat Brokerage in Osage Beach. I believe he knows a little about this boat.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I am new to performance boats. I boat at the Lake of the Ozarks. I have a deal about done one this boat.

http://www.pier57.com/200446CigAmericanMuscle.htm

Anyone know any bad things about this boat?

I about had a deal done on a different boat and found out it was a train wreck. It just seems hard to me to buy these kinds of boats.

Ive had 3 different cruisers in 4 years and have had no troubles or nightmares.

I'm definitely going to do my homework here.

Thanks for any input.
call Tim Gallagher, he will know. He is at deep impact now.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

First post

No performance knowledge and
buying a 46rr with big power
Old 09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I had AM II.

You can't go wrong with a 46 and merc 1075's. It will perform and react as you'd expect. AM I has some serious dollars in those raymarines and smartcraft. I'd imagine it has very little hours on it.

I would not be concerned about your low experience with this boat. Insurance through world wide marine (Bob Luellan) would be about 3K.

This boat will be in great condition as long as Pier 57 hasn't sent it out on poker runs which I don't think they have.

New about a million bucks... 80 or so hours later 1/3 the cost. The depreciation is about over. How many hours on boat and engines?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
First post

No performance knowledge and
buying a 46rr with big power
Seems there is one in every forum.

I thought I would just buy this big ol boat, take it to the keys and see how fast I could go as I slam the throttles forward. Probably be tanked before I start as well.

I used to fly planes and was methodical with my training and maintenance. I have moved on. So I am not an idiot who takes uncalculated risks.

I am taking the Tres Martin Course and have several friends with boats like this.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Saw the boat in 04 Key West poker run.We was in a 03 Lip Ship Top Gun. Loved the American Muscle. Thats all I know. Beautiful. Good luck with your purchase.Hope to see you on the water.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Registered

That is one nice machine. As mentioned, call Brett w/PBB at LOTO, nice honest guy. It would be good to start a relationship w/PBB anyhow if purchasing a performance boat for future needs. Good luck & Congrats! I look forward to hopefully seeing you running at LOTO.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Seems there is one in every forum.

I thought I would just buy this big ol boat, take it to the keys and see how fast I could go as I slam the throttles forward. Probably be tanked before I start as well.

I used to fly planes and was methodical with my training and maintenance. I have moved on. So I am not an idiot who takes uncalculated risks.

I am taking the Tres Martin Course and have several friends with boats like this.
again, call Tim Gallagher he worked at Cigarette for years and will know more about this boat than anyone...305-343-7990 cell
Old 09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
I had AM II.

You can't go wrong with a 46 and merc 1075's. It will perform and react as you'd expect. AM I has some serious dollars in those raymarines and smartcraft. I'd imagine it has very little hours on it.

I would not be concerned about your low experience with this boat. Insurance through world wide marine (Bob Luellan) would be about 3K.

This boat will be in great condition as long as Pier 57 hasn't sent it out on poker runs which I don't think they have.

New about a million bucks... 80 or so hours later 1/3 the cost. The depreciation is about over. How many hours on boat and engines?
Just got off the phone with them.

200 total hours on boat
30 hours on rebuilt motors
Has been in dry storage about a year (not on poker runs)
They have gone through the boat completely and fixed all paint dings etc.
He says "it looks far better in person than in the pictures"

If everything checks out on the marine survey, I'm going to own this boat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.