Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat shopping at LOTO this weekend. Any recommendations? >

Boat shopping at LOTO this weekend. Any recommendations?

Notices

Boat shopping at LOTO this weekend. Any recommendations?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat shopping at LOTO this weekend. Any recommendations?

I'm planning on heading down to LOTO this Saturday to look at a couple boats (one private seller and other Lake Wide Yacht Brokerage). Up until now all of my shopping has been virtual over the internet. I plan on making a couple trips down there over the next couple weeks, but I figured I need to get up off my ass and start physically looking around seriously.

Anyway, do you guys have any recommendations of some good places to look at down by LOTO (i.e. dealers, marinas, etc.) and am I taking the best approach of finding a boat this way? Obviously it's littered with boat places there, but maybe some of you more seasoned veterans might be able to point me in the right direction, so I'm not wasting time at certain places?

Cliff notes version of what I'm looking for...90's-UP models, 29' to mid 30' range, spend in the $30's. I'm flexible on price and year model if it's the right boat. Not set on any one brand, but been looking at Baja OLs, Fountain Lightnings, Scarabs, etc.

I'm new to all this so I'm just trying to jump in and get my feet wet. Some of you may have already read it, but a few days ago I put a post (a book more like it ) on here about how this will be my first boat, a little background about myself and what I'm looking for, etc. Link to post below.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Steve

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...oat-owner.html
Old 09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

http://performanceboatbrokerage.com/

Stop in any place down there and pick up a copy of the local BOATS for sale publication.

For a good lunch, stop by Shorty Pants.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me

Stop in any place down there and pick up a copy of the local BOATS for sale publication.

X 2 ask for brett..
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Brett at PBB would be the first call to make. Up until this past year, I had always thought that they were just into the real high performance and big buck stuff, but they also do alot with affordable boats. Brett knows of boats that folks are thinking about selling that are not even listed, so there is no doubt that he can find you something.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Agreed!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Weather is going to be amazing! You picked a great weekend for sure. Not all the dealers are open all day on Saturday and Sundays this time of the year. You might want to call ahead and see what they have and make sure they will be there. You can't go wrong any reason for coming down to the lake. We will be out and about all weekend, call or text if you want to meet up at some point. 402-290-8070
Old 09-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop by Raymond's! They have a few Fountains, Bajas, and Scarabs to look at.

www.raymondsboats.com

Charlene or Richard can help with your search!

Tristan
Old 09-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie
Weather is going to be amazing! You picked a great weekend for sure. Not all the dealers are open all day on Saturday and Sundays this time of the year. You might want to call ahead and see what they have and make sure they will be there. You can't go wrong any reason for coming down to the lake. We will be out and about all weekend, call or text if you want to meet up at some point. 402-290-8070
Thanks for the offer Eddie! Good chance I may get in touch with you on Saturday.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by TriPaC87
Stop by Raymond's! They have a few Fountains, Bajas, and Scarabs to look at.

www.raymondsboats.com

Charlene or Richard can help with your search!

Tristan
Just make sure Richard takes his boots off before boarding any boat you might be interested in. His name is very fitting...
Old 09-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Just make sure Richard takes his boots off before boarding any boat you might be interested in. His name is very fitting...
He would be the last person I would do business with down there. You don't need no stinkin brakes to pull a 32 foot boat over 300 miles!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.