Outerlimits sets new record >

Outerlimits sets new record

Notices

Outerlimits sets new record

Old 09-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
OK.....we surrender, don't send the Oklahoma National Guard to invade Finland.

Changing the direction of this high leaning thread.....T2...what do you think of the three race concept...April - California / Sept - NY and November - Fla??

Enough time between dates so everyone has a shot at preparation of the boats, without the added pressure of a time schedule every couple of weeks.

Sorry, if you covered this in your diatribe back there tha GLH posted.
As long as my sh! T box is done ( which it will be )
And theres at least a half dozen competitors for each race you can count me in for long island and florida.
No way im driving to calli

Id do these just for fun, stories, comradery, and scenery but have to admit a small pot would be a major perk, and im sure theres a lot of others that feel exactly the same!!!

im pulling for you guys
Mike D
Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
No...... but the Guy Lombardo Memorial Around Long Island Race has a certain sense of Auld Lang Syne ....eh?
Who's Guy Lombardo???

Sounds like a Canadian name...not that there's anything wrong with that.

"an a one a, an a two a"...oh wait..that was Lawrence, nevermind.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
As long as my sh! T box is done ( which it will be )
And theres at least a half dozen competitors for each race you can count me in for long island and florida.
No way im driving to calli

Id do these just for fun, stories, comradery, and scenery but have to admit a small pot would be a major perk, and im sure theres a lot of others that feel exactly the same!!!

im pulling for you guys
Mike D
I'd like to enter both of those also...one question...are there any Tour Guides available for the Miami race???...sure as crap I would get lost!!

I could see it on CNN now..."Stupid ole Redneck from NC gets lost in the Atlantic, ends up in Cuba and now held and charged with being a US Spy.. Last word from Cuban authorities is he was in the latest High Tech US Military Spy boat, a BLACK 1978 Cigarette Race Boat "

Old 09-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
It would perhaps appear that this type of racing is just not for you. There are classes. They just may not be tailored to your individual preferences. Cant please everyone. You mention equal playing field, it is a long distance race in the ocean. It can equalize anything. You want to talk math and statistics. Your boat is bone stock, statistically it has a much greater chance of continuing to run than any super modified high performance machine you are worried about being faster than you. From that perspective, you should be handicapped, no? You keep talking speed and parody, yet you mention Joe in his Sonic as last years winner. How fast did he run overall? Slower than your boat is capable of, no? If only the thought of winning a race like this appeals to you, then I believe you are missing the point. This may be a race to race for the sake of racing, old school style. If you win great, if not, at least you raced.
I would agree with you if the race were 1 OL vs 1 Fastech. But it isnt. The minute you start adding 15 - 25 boats, the statistical probability of all boats failing is near 0%. This is troublesome especially if you are in the slowest boat!!!!

Its simple: the more boats you add, the more will finish.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Ooops. There are classes. That' what you get for posting based on another post without fact-checking. "Stupid is as stupid does, sir."

Carry on, gentlemen.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
I'd like to enter both of those also...one question...are there any Tour Guides available for the Miami race???...sure as crap I would get lost!!

I could see it on CNN now..."Stupid ole Redneck from NC gets lost in the Atlantic, ends up in Cuba and now held and charged with being a US Spy.. Last word from Cuban authorities is he was in the latest High Tech US Military Spy boat, a BLACK 1978 Cigarette Race Boat "

Thats the beauty of living in a modern era!!!!!

Stop lickin your finger and holding it up to the wind old man pull that ugly sun dial off your bow and......
Go spend $500 on a chartplotter, they are idiot proof!!!!
I use em
Mike D

Last edited by scarab63; 09-29-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

mike d let me no i got a houseon the daytona palm coast line,we can stay thier with the boat and drive down for the race if you want
Old 09-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by innerrage
mike d let me no i got a houseon the daytona palm coast line,we can stay thier with the boat and drive down for the race if you want
Deal
Old 09-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
I hear ya..there ain' t no cure for Racingfever....
And reading about these true offshore races ain't helping any...
Still I'm glad they are happening again!!!
the cure might be MORE COWBELL
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I think I was misquoted by GLH (who rewrites the NY Times every Sunday morning apparently)......
Come one... """There's an app for that""

Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.