Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits sets new record >

Outerlimits sets new record

Notices

Outerlimits sets new record

Old 09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 79 Posts

Don't want to forget that the winners acknowledged the tremendous help they got from both Tommy Abraham and Jimmy McIntyre....they stated if it wasn't for the loan of equipment and their help, they would not have made the race.

So kudos again to racers helping racers.....good show!!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Please learn to read, write, and spell. That is all. Thanks.
ya, thanks, maybe then i can be cool like you.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
Congratulations to not only the winners, but all of the participants and everyone that helped set this up. I can only hope that this is the beginning of offshore racing returning to offshore. Judging by the number of posts and views on this thread versus threads regarding this weekends inshore race, I would say there is definitely a lot of interest here.

I would love to see the real NJ offshore race take place. Either the 80's shortened course (about 150 miles) or the original course which went out to Fire Island and was over 200 miles.

Welcome back offshore racing!
please stop with the inshore racing bullchit, there have been lots of OPA and APBA, SBI races in REAL rough water.5 ,6 8 foot seas 25 to 30mph winds where boats broke and guys have died in the last 10 to 17 years. back in the old days yep you went 150 200 miles in a race at 50 to 80 mph. so you call the new races and racers worthless me included only run a few miles offshore for 60 to 70 miles. but we run a LOT FAST and a lot more guys have DIE from them. some seasons 2 or more racers have died. I have had friends help me build a great rough water boat over the last two years and we will be done this week I hope, its great that the enduro races are making a come back. I planned on doing this one but ran out of time but should be all set for the bimini race.the water can be rougher at the coastal races because of sandbars and the depth coming up quick to the coast can make waves real steep with big holes not like in open water where they grow apart so you can get a rhythm most of the time. and this race sounds like it had good water to run in. once your off the beach your OFFSHORE. like I said yesterday congrats to JOE & JOE racing and the other 5 race teams and boats and to Charlie & Billy and helpers for getting her done. maybe next year you guys can get opa guys too. it would be awesome to have 20 to 50 boats run it.ps. for xmas this year I want a second gas tank for my floor, since my main tank is behind my seats. and some new lifelines since mine are old as dirt. congrats again.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wanab
since your a slow learner kid i will tell you one more time. my names not Billy but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

now unstand that as much as you wanted Billy's race to fail it was a huge success.

the cream rises to the top...

your a wack job NO ONE WANTED BILLY TO FAIL!!!!! go climb under the rock you came out of.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
They carried an extra 60 gallons in ATL bladders up front to come in at a total 300 gallons of fuel.He said they needed 270 to finish.They had a fuel mileage gauge telling them how much they would burn.1.2 miles per gallon was their goal.
Sounds like they had done their homework and planned accordingly. That's how you win these things: Plan your work & work your plan. Running less fuel efficient engines like Mercury 700's ( or anything more powerful) would have forced a fuel stop and prevented the new record. They brought the right weapon to this fight. Good thinking.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Sounds like they had done their homework and planned accordingly. That's how you win these things: Plan your work & work your plan. Running less fuel efficient engines like Mercury 700's ( or anything more powerful) would have forced a fuel stop and prevented the new record. They brought the right weapon to this fight. Good thinking.
Well put. Congrats to all involved.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Registered

(not that it's any of my business or anyone elses for that matter).
Exactly. Stfu then you twerp. Yu have zero clue if OL does or did do anything for the winners. Stpp trying to stir up the pot because you have a hard on for Dan. My last post on the subject. Congrats joe and Joe! You guys earned it!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 787 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Yu have zero clue if OL does or did do anything for the winners.
No sh!t jackass...that's why I said it.

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Stpp trying to stir up the pot because you have a hard on for Dan.
Quite frankly it's the opposite. I like to purchase my own toys. It gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. Wish I could say the same for a lot of members on this forum.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I can't remember a SBI (or whatever entity these days) race getting as much interest as this has. Maybe it's telling us something.

I have mixed emotions about this. While I agree the BS running around in 1 mile circles in the bays and rivers is a complete joke, it does make it conductive for spectators.

But, in my mind 100+ mile races run from point A to point B in true offshore conditions is what real "offshore racing" is and what it should be all about. The downside to this is makes it tough for spectators to be drawn in because they really can't participate. For it to be viable you really have to have TV coverage, which will hopefully happen going forward as the fleet grows.

Either way I'm glad to see the LI race did come to fruition this year as I think it will continue to build steam going forward. If they did pull the plug at the last minute this year (as it appear they were going to do), the race without question would have been doomed going forward. Obviously the promoters need to do their homework for next year as there was plenty of room for improvement with how things have been handled, but I think the foundation is solid if things are better thought out.

I also think it's good to see two extremes when it comes to the caliber of boats we've had win over the last two years. It not only goes to show that anyone can win if they can just finish, but it also showcases some of todays fastest machines and opens the door for more and better future competition.

I would expect to see faster boats and more competitors in the coming years. As long as mother nature is charitable, I would also expect to see the records continue to get broken by quite a bit, as we saw with the OB record this year. It's fantastic to see the overall record broken this year, but the record was only broken by the slimmest of margins. Given the technology advancements we've seen over the last 30 years I have to think there's plenty of room for the faster boats (especially the cats) to really blow the doors off today's record under the right conditions.

Let's hope we are seeing the beginning of a renewed era of offshore racing in the US!

Last edited by SS930; 09-27-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No sh!t jackass...that's why I said it.

Quite frankly it's the opposite. I like to purchase my own toys. It gives me a sense of pride and accomplishment. Wish I could say the same for a lot of members on this forum.
Do everyone else a favor princess and stay the hell away. Your like the new Mini Hawk ruining every thread out there with your BS. You have a problem with me come face me in person. Keep the thread on topic. I know Billy and Charlie will have next year bigger and better!! Lets see if someone will come out to beat the new records set this past weekend!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.