Outerlimits sets new record

Notices

Outerlimits sets new record

Old 09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
You forgot that with skill comes luck.
So you have the skill to turn my little fastech into a 100 mph boat? anyways, I am far off topic. sorry.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
An equal/level playing field has nothing to do with speed. Rules and regulations across the sport is what makes a race a "fair". Again, the reason why rules are set in place.
Racing is always about bending the rules.... or finding a loophole and always will so the rulemakers will always come a step behind, therefore in these kinda races I see it fit to have less rules and focus on safety and finishing.

Therefore no rules no loopholes, may the best win.

So you think allowing one competitor to have a larger fuel tank is not an advantage? uhhh...you are wrong. This eliminates pit stops, ect...Just an example.
Yes one.. as in Everyone.

It all depends of the conditions if one is faster without pitstops or not. Sometimes a larger fuel tank filled is not an advantage...and there's millions of examples in motorsport to support my stand.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

So you have the skill to turn my little fastech into a 100 mph boat? anyways, I am far off topic. sorry.
Yes.. but for how long ?

Do you want it filled with TNT or Nitroglycerin ?

Agree we are off topic and differ in our views.

But try a race before giving up that's all I can say to you.. you might get hooked.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-28-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Yes.. but for how long ?

Do you want it filled with TNT or Nitroglycerin ?

Agree we are off topic and differ in our views.

But try a race before giving up that's all I can say to you.. you might get hooked.
Its not giving up. Its simple math. If someone doesn't understand it, they should open a textbook.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Its not giving up. Its simple math. If someone doesn't understand it, they should open a textbook.
We'd be all speaking Russian/Chinese if we'd think like that...I'm Finished

P.S. What's the classes in Poker Runs or have you stayd home at those too???

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 09-28-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

We'd be all speaking Russian/Chinese if we'd think like that...I'm Finished
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Simple math for you...

The lesson of the story.. Miracles do happen if you TRY!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to agree with having classes......and then of course you will always have the overall winner.......it would make it that much more appealing to enter the race knowing I have a good shot at winning my class and also that "you never know" long shot of winning the overall.......I am sure with the organizers having a mandatory date to be registered will give a much clearer picture of what the race will look like ahead of time and then implement some sort of classes......just a guess though, I could be wrong.....
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would have to say that it doesnt matter what you bring to this event.I had Joe Sgro at my shop today and i asked him every question in the book about doing this event.If you have big power you will use more fuel and might have to make a fuel stop.He said that Joes OL was the perfect boat for this race.It didnt have to stop for fuel,It got great fuel mileage[1.1 MPG]and was totally reliable.If you brought a big Skater Blower entry you would need a fuel stop and you have the reliabilty factor.Both Joes did this event with not even thinking they would break the record.It did happen though.They wanted to be first back.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Of course Classes will be "needed" but the biggest equalizer is still the sea. Nobody want's the rules to be turn offs for the participants.

Do we really want to see rules that would've forced the record braking Outerlimit to have a pit stop? These Marathon races should be like Cannonball Runs, run what you brung if it's safe enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.