Solomons Grand Prix 2011 vids

Notices

Solomons Grand Prix 2011 vids

Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
My 75 mph class started at 77....

Well thats a great response. maybe it isn't I that is the DB...My actions didn't prove to be that on the course this past weekend but I am pretty positive that some racers may have had that feeling about the start boat...If Mad Dog Randy made the same comment that I typed would your reply be as brazen toward them as it is toward me?? I doubt it. You may want to learn from your go pro, or don't post it...

Either way, the answer from one racer is enough to discredit your name calling, although your actions and words you type also do the same thing. And i make no claims of being a saint, just posed a question...But its good to know that a boater who is popular amongst a forum, thinks he knows it all...and can name call...really? are you for real?

Last edited by TOASTY; 09-27-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

That reply was directed to Old School. sorry for the mix up, as i know you did not call me a DB. Used the quote to simply show that maybe the whole class broke out because they needed to keep up with Old Schools Tachs...and ergo the class 5 out come.. This happened to us many times and again in OC MD where an apache pace boat had almost a leg on the entire class 5 fleet.

how could you be 100 yards behind him???!

Last edited by TOASTY; 09-27-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the Race Director for this event and one thing to say about this conversation. If you were at the event and in a class that had a problem starting then take it up with me, Ted or Ron not on a public forum. This would be internal problem. The event was a huge success for everyone involved, even the racers. I have not heard any complaints about the start to date. If you were there and had a problem then all you do is have to come and talk to me. When people start bashing people who work hard to put on an event it makes everyone look bad. Oh yeah the events title sponsor was a pace boat and for that reason I ask that there be no more negative comments about the event unless it is in a private conversation. A lot of people including Old School worked very hard to put this event on. Again if you have any more to say then please PM me and we can talk.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TOASTY
That reply was directed to Old School. sorry for the mix up, as i know you did not call me a DB. Used the quote to simply show that maybe the whole class broke out because they needed to keep up with Old Schools Tachs...and ergo the class 5 out come.. This happened to us many times and again in OC MD where an apache pace boat had almost a leg on the entire class 5 fleet.

how could you be 100 yards behind him???!
I realize that you are some disgruntled ex-racer/hanger oner/whatever but please just STFU. We put on the best run, safest races in the country and if you had some issue 5 years ago, that has NOTHING to do with Solomon's 2011. Did you ever think that maybe a pace boat was speeding up to make sure the slower boats were not run over by the faster boats already on turn 5?? IF you think you can do a better job running a race or starting a race or WHATEVER, then STEP UP and do it. If you do not do so then take my previous advice because you do not have a clue and are simply a sh!t stirrer. The sport has no need for keyboard wannabes. Thanks for playing!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Aw crap, look at Mikey being all PC and stuff, sorry Mikey, just a little miffed
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christian, WTF.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

just because i stated that was an issue a short time ago, i never mentioned that i was at all disgruntled..you assumed that.

Are you suggesting that I am not allowed or should not pose a question? You guys need to grow up and get over yourselves all of you.

instead of stating there was a mistake or issue you defend your wrong actions. and for the record i was never a wanna be. I am a winner in my own mind, but really if you want to learn about my history roll back the tape and see how much of a wanna be i really was....Ha come on guys lets be real here...!

you just had one person STATE that for a class that runs 75, that class was started at 77 AT THE START AND THAT ENTIRE CLASS BROKE OUT.

Rock the Bay Pres! but good answer to keep the sport going! this is not an OPA matter this is the start boat matter just look at the footage, the vid does not lie.

PS thanks for the PMs stating support...just have the balls to type it for the know - it - alls
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ted G
Aw crap, look at Mikey being all PC and stuff, sorry Mikey, just a little miffed
It's all good buddy!

Johnny I'm not mad at you or anyone. Just come back next year.

Last edited by Karaokemike; 09-27-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

Ed, feel free to contact me if there is an issue with my comments or actions

[email protected]
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey Christian, PM's from your second and third screen names don't count as support, jus sayin'.

As I said, put on a race and I will make sure I come by and try and critique it in person, not on a Go Pro video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.