Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Solomons Grand Prix 2011 vids >

Solomons Grand Prix 2011 vids

Notices

Solomons Grand Prix 2011 vids

Old 09-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked a question and it was answered, thanks.

Only 1 SN

but i can see that all of you are fair sportsmen...
Old 09-27-2011, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
Ed, feel free to contact me if there is an issue with my comments or actions

[email protected]
Christian if you have an ax to grind, fine. Do it somewhere else. The class start was no big deal. We were well aware the start was a little fast. Not the first time or the last. We simply went into our tracking system, which shows every move the boats make. There were three boats that broke out on the start. We simply eliminated the breakouts on the start, and scored the race from there. The start had no adverse effect on anyone. As you know we work very hard to move this sport forward, don't try and drag it down. Thankyou. Smitty
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Toasty, I didn't have any problem with the way we started. The pace boats did exactly what they were supposed to do, they waited for all the boats to line up, than threw the green. The "lineup" at the start was a bit confusing due to some boats NOT being in the lane they were supposed to be in.
When one takes into consideration that one boat was making their first start, and another making their second, mix ups occur. Not blaming anyone.
And Old School was right-I (606 Lock'd Up Bandit) broke out immediately-my bad!!!
Great videos!!! Thanks for posting!
Bob G.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

WTF??? Someone takes off of work, hauls his boat to an event and VOLUNTEERS with a group of other VOLUNTEERS who bust their azz to put on a world class race like Solomons this year and all you can do is talk chit about something you were not even there to see??? i think DB is actually an understatement!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed, I think you have seen & read countless posts that i have drafted that support the OPA and your leadership, to where racing with the OPA under your leadership has cost me relationships with another OPA founder and racer and boat builder, because of their own personal issues. I would still like to support racing and OPA under your leadership. All I hope to do is race, nothing more.

my responses where in defense of my question and was called a negative name. That is when i became defensive and stated my thoughts. If you think your organization is being brought down, its not because of the questions, its because of folks that aren't sportsmen with their tone and respect.

Though boatless now, I plan to participate in the near future. In addition if you require any management help please feel free to reach out to me, as i will put my time where my fingers are, you have seen this time and again with my actions from the beginning.

Congrats on a well run org, the largest offshore racing group, all the best to the racers, bend the throttles boys!

Christian

Last edited by TOASTY; 09-27-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Registered

Hi Bob,
I Saw The Video. I Know The Red Boat Was Me. Your Right About This Being Our Second Start And We Are Still Learning The Ropes. The Switzer Handles Alot Different Then My Tractor Trailer. I Guess It's Better We Make Mistakes Now Behind Everybody Instead Of In Front. Eric & I Just Want To Say Thanks To You And Everybody Else At Opa For The Helpfull Advise And Making Us Feel Like A Part Of The Family. Looking Foward To Seeing Everybody In Alabama And Hopefully One Day You Will Be Looking At The Back Of My Boat Instead Of The Bow!!! Jeff
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Toasty, I didn't have any problem with the way we started. The pace boats did exactly what they were supposed to do, they waited for all the boats to line up, than threw the green. The "lineup" at the start was a bit confusing due to some boats NOT being in the lane they were supposed to be in.
When one takes into consideration that one boat was making their first start, and another making their second, mix ups occur. Not blaming anyone.
And Old School was right-I (606 Lock'd Up Bandit) broke out immediately-my bad!!!
Great videos!!! Thanks for posting!
Bob G.
Thanks for posting Bob, you guys looked good out there! Your boat had some acceleration! I certainly wasn't ragging on you or any of the other racers! It's awesome what you guys do and it's been a great thrill for us to have been a pace boat for the last 6 years at our local race. It's not racing, but my wife and I are honored to be involved with the races. What a rush!!

Originally Posted by jjake0623
Hi Bob,
I Saw The Video. I Know The Red Boat Was Me. Your Right About This Being Our Second Start And We Are Still Learning The Ropes. The Switzer Handles Alot Different Then My Tractor Trailer. I Guess It's Better We Make Mistakes Now Behind Everybody Instead Of In Front. Eric & I Just Want To Say Thanks To You And Everybody Else At Opa For The Helpfull Advise And Making Us Feel Like A Part Of The Family. Looking Foward To Seeing Everybody In Alabama And Hopefully One Day You Will Be Looking At The Back Of My Boat Instead Of The Bow!!! Jeff
Good for you Jeff and congrats on your first race! Good luck in Alabama!!

I think that someone may be confused by my videos and doesn't understand that the parade lap was done with all three classes for each race before we came off plane and milled.

For the record, I started class 6 in the first race and class 4 in the second race.

Now....should I post my other videos.....or delete the thread? I certainly wasn't looking to create a chitshow!!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig....nice vid's. Leave them up. You will never please everyone. Someone always has an axe to grind. Especially when the event was such a success.
Great job, thanks to you and everone that worked to put the event on. Hope to see everyone back in Solomons next year!!!

Last edited by Beak Boater; 09-28-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome videos, Craig! Thanks!
Great job OPA and all the volunteers.

As for the rest of this mess, WTF?! Really?...
Old 09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Thanks Craig,
But Next Time You Have A Video Of Me, I Want You To "photoshop It" And Put Me In Front. The Looks On Everybody's Face Would Be Worth A Million Dollars!! Then When Your In Long Island, Dinner Is On Me. Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.