Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Would you buy a boat this time of year? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/263185-would-you-buy-boat-time-year.html)

vindicator101 09-28-2011 09:33 PM

Would you buy a boat this time of year?

I know the general feeling for the average boater north of FL is they don't want to buy and have it sit for months before it can be used. But what about the folks here on OSO? Do you think this way? I had a buyer for my boat a couple months ago but before I could close the deal it ended up being a week before Labor Day. So the guy decided to wait til spring. I'm wanting to move up so I'm looking too and would rather buy now so I can have time to put my personnel touches, so to speek, on it over the winter. Is this so strange?

BGIII 09-28-2011 09:39 PM

If you know what you want, you find it and your life is stable (job, kids, significant other, blah, blah, blah....), I don't see why not. However, I wouldn't settle for anything other than what really turns your crank.

Bromaguire 09-28-2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by vindicator101 (Post 3515146)
I know the general feeling for the average boater north of FL is they don't want to buy and have it sit for months before it can be used. But what about the folks here on OSO? Do you think this way? I had a buyer for my boat a couple months ago but before I could close the deal it ended up being a week before Labor Day. So the guy decided to wait til spring. I'm wanting to move up so I'm looking too and would rather buy now so I can have time to put my personnel touches, so to speek, on it over the winter. Is this so strange?

Depends on the person and boat. For me I just bought my boat as a winter project so its ready for spring time next year. The winter gives me time to have my boat down while not loosing any of the season.

36Envision 09-28-2011 09:46 PM

If it's what you want, price is right and you have the ability, Buy it.

chuckels 09-28-2011 10:02 PM

I always buy in the winter , better deals plus u can get it straight before spring .

jeff32 09-28-2011 10:03 PM

sure would! if only I could settle on what I want!:drink:

frankenstein 09-28-2011 10:08 PM

In my area we were always told that Fall is the best time to buy. If someone knows that they are going to sell, then they would rather not have to deal with the BS of winterizing everything. It's easier to just let someone else deal with it.

36Tango 09-28-2011 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by chuckels (Post 3515189)
I always buy in the winter , better deals plus u can get it straight before spring .

Ditto! The last few boats that I have bought have been past Labor Day.

Revd Up 09-28-2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 36Tango (Post 3515194)
Ditto! The last few boats that I have bought have been past Labor Day.

Me too.

Strip Poker 388 09-28-2011 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first boat i bought in Feb 1990,The second boat,The Hustler, Lake Cumberland (Randy)and the guy tradeing it in DICKED around, I bought it april 13th 2002.

I would say your buyer is A