Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I must have pissed someone off ??? >

I must have pissed someone off ???

Notices

I must have pissed someone off ???

Old 06-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must have pissed someone off ???

At the end of last season (in September), the marina launched my boat and it was taking on water. It ended up being that my Shift cable bellows was 'cut'....(from the looks of it purposely cut).
The marina said they would fix it, and 2 weeks later it was still not fixed. At that point i took it elsewhere to get fixed.
Well the service manager flipped out and said that it was "his job" and i shouldn't have gone somewhere else, and proceeded to try to kick me out of the marina. I talked to the marina owners and eventually straightened things out.
Now I'm back at the same marina this season, i have used the boat about 3 times with no problems. Had them put the boat in on Saturday...jumped in, and went. Got to where we were going and the auto bilge pump kicks on So i jump in the water (was 85 degrees...no big deal) to make sure myy plug is in/tight. It Was. I let the problem go the rest of the day with frequent auto bilge pumping...I figure i would deal with it when it came out of the water.
Well i check the shift boot yesterday....that's right it's CUT again Now i am pissed. The boat is on the bottom rack in a covered shed (not a secure locked building). I asked the security gaurd for the security tapes, and he says that they only keep 20 hours worth of backups (so they reuse the same tape every night). Well that's stupid !!!

Originally my thought was that the service manager was doing it....(why else would he get so mad that i took the boat elsewhere??)...Not sure what to do from here??? I just know i'll get even with someone at some point of this game.

Now i have a drive to pull, and a shift cable to do.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Registered

Get the boat out of there........
Old 06-11-2002, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

Cut out any future losses and move away from there!!!!!!

You're in a no win situation.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Someon's trying to tell you something!
Beware or get out!

I hate when that happens!...Some ******* holds a grudge and next thing you know they're out to get you! And the killer is that you did nothing wrong but wait 2 damn weeks before going elsewhere.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

You sure it is not getting pinched in somehting?
and what water was 85 degrees?
LOL that river aint no 85 degrees yet
Hell my pool with the solar cover on it is not 85 degrees

So what cha gonna do now man?
You going to move it?
Jason
Old 06-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Steve_H

geeezz , i cant beleave the arogance of "some" of these marine mechanics.its always late , always twice as much as they tell you and they act like theyre doing you a favor. on top of everything else when you finally get your pride and joy back it has grease all over everything.

its not a f%#@ ing favor when you pay someone. its called doing business. the problem is there isnt enough compition in the marine repair industry. thats why they get away with their antics.
if i had the money ide open my own shop , hire the best mechanics and treat customers like they should be treated.im sure ide never run out of work.

sorry to vent on your thread hi-perf-200.im going thru some crap myself right now.grrrrrr

what risk taker said. GET OUT OF THERE !!!!!

Old 06-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 degrees

Ah...High Perf The Gulf of Mexico is in the low eighties right now. Are you swimming next to a nuclear power plant or something??

Get your boat out of there!!

Maximus
Old 06-11-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

everyone is right take your business elsewhere, then GET EVEN!!!!!
Old 06-11-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

I meant 85 degree air temp....thanks for pointing out my mistakes Jay

Not sure what i am going to do. I really have no proof on anything...I would only hope the Service dept. is not doing something like this....Afterall i could have run over a stick and it speared the bellows in a "razor blade slice-like" manner. ..... But on the other hand, I did have some words with the service manager when he was trying to kick me out.....and just maybe this is his way of trying to piss me off so i will leave??

The main problem is that this is the ONLY rack storage place in my area, and i don't feel like trailering, or leaving the boat in the water at another marina. So it's now a decision of convienence or (possibly) getting my boat F$%Ked with.

Why can't my life be easier???
Old 06-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default why not ask for a rack up higher

sounds stupid but it would be harder to mess with it if it was out of reach..

Quick Reply: I must have pissed someone off ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.