Notices

Manhattan fun run

Old 10-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
that is straight across the harbor but Tappan is brand new and really nice compared to any other in the area......you coming to the run......??
Dont even ask. I am so pissed. Last week my boating group of friends made plans to go to fire island for one last lunch/town bs with the kids and families. I said yes before this thread was started.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Dont even ask. I am so pissed. Last week my boating group of friends made plans to go to fire island for one last lunch/town bs with the kids and families. I said yes before this thread was started.
just tell them your taking the long way around.......lol......
Old 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just tell them your taking the long way around.......lol......

I want to do the Fire Island thing too.

There is so much to do up here, I moight have to have a boat sent back up next spring too. Just have to see how things go.

Really pumped about Sunday. Hope everything goes smoothly
Old 10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Id much rather be running with you guys then going to FI with cruiser boats with kids lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Id much rather be running with you guys then going to FI with cruiser boats with kids lol.
I think a cruiser boat up here would be fun too. Mine got hauled yesterday at the marina back home. There is no water in the lake, so I am between dumping it on ebay, or shipping it somewhere with water.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I used garvies ramp in glen cove, what a nightmare. Low tide and shallow ramp. This year goiing to try the ramp @ theodore roosevelt park. Anyone ever use this one or any better suggestions.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wayne272
Last year I used garvies ramp in glen cove, what a nightmare. Low tide and shallow ramp. This year goiing to try the ramp @ theodore roosevelt park. Anyone ever use this one or any better suggestions.
Garvies sux !! You can launch were Jeff and I are launching, Tappan Ramp......2 minutes from Garvies and really nice......plenty of spots and I retrieved at mid tide in the summer with no problem.......and it still looked plenty deep if tide was out more........
Old 10-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Garvies sux !! You can launch were Jeff and I are launching, Tappan Ramp......2 minutes from Garvies and really nice......plenty of spots and I retrieved at mid tide in the summer with no problem.......and it still looked plenty deep if tide was out more........
What time are you guys gonna be there and is it also called glenwood landing on shore road.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wayne272
What time are you guys gonna be there and is it also called glenwood landing on shore road.
Yes that is it......Shore Rd. changes to Prospect Ave. but that is the ramp........if you go on Bing Maps you can look from a birds eye view and it gives you a good look at the ramp and the roads to get in there.........Jeff and I plan on leaving Freeport by 8am......we both need to stop for gas and both want to take it easy going there..... I would say we should be there before 10am......that leaves us plenty of time to launch and also it will be high tide around that time........once in the water it is only 5 minutes to bouy 27.......you can text me anytime if you have any questions.......917-682-2342......John.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Since we don't have the boat up here yet - the dogs and I will just watch you go by from the Paulus Hook Ferry Station.
Next year Wayne272 you won't be alone.
How fast does your bullet run with those gellner 540's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.