Anyone done the Moorings vacation >

Anyone done the Moorings vacation

Notices

Anyone done the Moorings vacation

Old 10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Anyone done the Moorings vacation

My wife and I along with a few friends always stay on our boats in the summer over the weekend. We have all talked about doing something similiar but in a tropical destination. I have looked at the moorings information but I was wondering if there were any other options out there or if there were any hidden issues that they don't tell you about? We don't really want a crew to drive us around and cook for us just a boat to island hop for a few days.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

search bareboat rentals, mostly done on sailboats, but you can probably get a cruiser in the Bahamas or BVI too.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdail28590
My wife and I along with a few friends always stay on our boats in the summer over the weekend. We have all talked about doing something similiar but in a tropical destination. I have looked at the moorings information but I was wondering if there were any other options out there or if there were any hidden issues that they don't tell you about? We don't really want a crew to drive us around and cook for us just a boat to island hop for a few days.
Yep....we did it last year. It was AWESOME and will probably do it next year! We took a bare boat trip with three other couples on a powercat in BVI. Hiddin issues......bring money for supplies......you are always getting hungry and shopping (drinking).
Attached Thumbnails Anyone done the Moorings vacation-dsc02581.jpg   Anyone done the Moorings vacation-dsc02669.jpg   Anyone done the Moorings vacation-img_0791.jpg  

Anyone done the Moorings vacation-img_0821.jpg   Anyone done the Moorings vacation-dsc02617.jpg  
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

We do the bvi trip through the moorings every year. Don't get a crew and get a powerboat, not a sail boat. Bobthebuilder is also good for info about the area. Also expat on here is at saba rock. His name is David
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

By the way.......it was VERY resonable too. Figure $3000-$3500 per couple for the week with food....(plus flights)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

No way, recount your money when you get home and tell me how far off that figure you were haha. Well, maybe if you put four couples on a boat, but then its cramped.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302Sport
No way, recount your money when you get home and tell me how far off that figure you were haha. Well, maybe if you put four couples on a boat, but then its cramped.
We were four couples on the boat and I was worried about that but it was absolutly no problem. It was great. We each had pleanty of room and our own private cabin and head. What else do you need?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
By the way.......it was VERY resonable too. Figure $3000-$3500 per couple for the week with food....(plus flights)
how much was the rental itself? I'm assuming the numbers you put up were including food, alcohol, and shopping for the wives...

also which boat did you go with? I'm curious for # crunching reasons, if the amount you quoted was for the biggest boat they had, i'm not surprised, but if that was for the smallest boats, that's a lot of $
Old 10-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bajambug
how much was the rental itself? I'm assuming the numbers you put up were including food, alcohol, and shopping for the wives...

also which boat did you go with? I'm curious for # crunching reasons, if the amount you quoted was for the biggest boat they had, i'm not surprised, but if that was for the smallest boats, that's a lot of $
As far as I know....they only have one size of PowerCat. You can go one the website and get the current pricing, options, DVD sent to you and brochures.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

cool, something to look into, thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.