Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.” >

American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.”

Notices

American Marine Holdings: “Shut down production for a couple of weeks.”

Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warrantee???? HA HA thats funny no matter how you look at it, we are talking about the Hp marine Bis correct?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Looks like this damaged economy of ours is trying its best to put most of the performance boat manufacturers out of business! I just hope that consumer confidence, jobs creation and consumer disposable income spending can put this boat building industry back on its feet soon!
Its a good thing we at Raylar are in the repower , upgrade and performance engine rework business as we are just about to put the close on a record third year of sales and profits for our efforts. Glad our business niche in this market has not been based on supplying engines to new boat builders! We would be gone!
Lets hope this boat building industry can be revived, the patient is on life support and being kept alive with intensive care!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
ACTIVE THUNDER is Alive and Kicking. Get a custom built wave-crushing machine for much less than a "production" builder can offer.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Certainly not much continuity with the business or their statements.

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...er-hanger.html

Employment is up and boat orders, at least for Pro-Line, are backlogged—that’s the word from John Walker, the top-man at Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line. Manufactured at the Fountain plant in Washington, N.C., all four brands are owned by Liberty Associates, a venture capital outfit. Walker is on Liberty’s board of directors.

“We are currently busier than a one-arm paper-hanger with an itch,” said Walker with a hearty laugh. “When I got here in September (2010), we had 28 or 30 people working here. Now we have 165. All but five of them had previously worked at Fountain. We got to bring back 130 employees. By this time next month, we intend to be pushing 200.”

According to Walker, the significant increase in staff and the plans to add more personnel have been driven by the market. At present, Pro-Line is the builder’s most in-demand brand.

“We have a backlog and my vice president of sales for Pro-Line was just in here fussing at me,” said Walker. “But we also have to pick up production with the Fountain and Donzi lines. We’re in the middle of a commercial contract for a South American company building 38-foot Fountain pilothouse models.

“The sport boat market has actually shown some growth here in the last month,” he continued. “On the Donzi side, were have a 43 with twin 850s in process, a 35 in process, and a 38 ZR Comp in process, as well as bunch of center consoles. On the Fountain side, we have a 42 Lightning, a 48 Express Cruiser, two other sport boats and a half-dozen center consoles in process.”

Walker said that while dealer demand for the re-launched Baja sport boat brand is solid—the company reportedly has 12 orders for Baja models—the first new Baja won’t be released until July.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smoke and mirrors ladies and gents!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Warrantee???? HA HA thats funny no matter how you look at it, we are talking about the Hp marine Bis correct?
Really? Have you seen Formula's warrantee? Pantara? Superboat? .......
Old 10-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Let's hope for the best right now and not speculate on the worst. It would be a real shame to lose Donzi; They've been around forever. Fountain would be a bad loss too but at least the Fountain family is standing in the shadows ready to get RF Powerboats up and running when the timing is right.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Sounds like someone decided their isn't enough money in boat building.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pricing on new boats are out of reach for some of us unless like said before re mortgage the house like it was an ATM. Buying a boat that's a few years old at a third to half of the price of a new boat seems more reasonable to allot of people right now. Why risk loosing your house for a boat. I know this isn't realistic for most blue collar people like myself but I go by the rule of if it's a toy"boat, harley, sand rail" or hobby and I can't pay cash for it, I don't get it. My personal opinion, and choice.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily the dollar has lost it value as is to the rate of inflation due to the low interest rates or so long giving more people more purchasing power that leads to more demands for goods. And bow everything is catching up to the suppliers with to mush supply and not enough demand. Eventually things will level out weather our income increases or suppliers prices decrease. Unfortunately we are going to loose some of our favorite boat builders that tried so hard to keep us happy and keep our sport and dreams alive, and yes make money. I may be wrong but I think the companies that tend to build custom order boats and not build a large inventory will tend to last and possibly thrive over the mass production boat companies. Just my opinion again, don't beat me up over it.

Last edited by hwyrnr; 10-09-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Oops