Notices

Seam ripping on sunpad

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seam ripping on sunpad

One of the seams on my sunpad is starting to rip on my '98 Hammer. My guess is it's just from plain old wear & tear and age. Any ways I can maybe get under there and sew it up? Or any other suggestions? It's been getting bigger over the past few weeks. Its a good couple inches by now, and I can already see it starting in a place right below it, a few threads are ripping.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife used a needle shaped like a fish hook with nylon thread and sewed it from the top. It will not look perfect but will keep it from getting worse. Got two extra years out of a sunpad that way. Any fabric or craft supply store should have them.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

That split will only continue to get worse and I would bet that even if you fix that spot that another split will start somewhere else in the near future. The old thread is deteriorating. Best bet is to take the entire skin off and have it all restitched.